LegacyGT.com

Viscous coupler interchangeably

at least. i bet you would be hard pressed to find one that does not fit.

if you really want to know, check out www.opposedforces.com/parts . follow the thread all the way to the part number page and click on ''usage information''. it will show you all the cars and years it was used on. and it should show if it crosses generations.

• 3 weeks later...
90-98 are the years you are looking for. Are you looking for the center diff? I did the one on my sisters 00 outback, surprisingly it was a piece of cake i didn't even have to drop the tranny. I pulled hers from a 99 outback sport

part number page for the viscous coupler on the 97 outback / gt below. if you click on ''usage info'' you will see that they used the same part from 93 - 07 at least, in the legacy, impreza, and the forester.

i don't think you can find a manual trans viscous coupler that will not work.

• I Donated
check the bearings for the output of the front diff. One of them on my trans is kind of worn and makes funny noises sometimes. They aren't that bad to replace. They are just standard bearing/race style.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

thanks ill check those! i just unscrew that part around where the axle goes right?

the retainer you are talking about is set ''just so''. mark it and then count the turns as you remove it and reinstall it EXACTLY like it was.

AND only do one side at a time. complete it and then do do the other.

check the bearings for the output of the front diff. One of them on my trans is kind of worn and makes funny noises sometimes. They aren't that bad to replace. They are just standard bearing/race style.

Correct. Can pick it up at most bearing shops. Just put new ones on my obx helical front lsd

• I Donated

I would imagine normal parts houses (Auto Zone, Advance, Napa, etc) would have the bearings. Get the part number from the dealer or http://www.opposedforces.com and have the parts house cross reference it for you.

Literally, all it is...is a standard bearing and race like the older vehicles use for wheel bearings.

Just like this :

http://www.loxahatcheeautoparts.com/inner_wheel_bearing_&_race_for_Rockwell.jpg

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived