LegacyGT.com

SPT intake is great but...

PimpFro

I know you ppl that have the SPT intake are either loving it or hating it cause of the noise but c'mon the noise is hilarious to me. I not only scared my girlfriends cat but it seems all small animals and children even elderly ppl jump a bit when they hear it :lol: Fun to do just to scare ppl and i love the sound on the freeway too and the weird thing wsa last night on my way home a camero that at first seemed it wanted to play with me backed ways off after i did a quick accel and let off so the BOV could be heard :lol: but with just standard acceleration the BOV sound cant be heard so i love this thing and yes... butt-dyno says defenite plus after 4000 rpm. oh SPT intake :wub: i really really want me some exhaust now though gotta save up for it but... what kind would be best for little noise when doing standard driving and still getting the beefy 2.5 Boxer sound during hard acceleration? Opinions?

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

a camero that at first seemed it wanted to play with me backed ways off after i did a quick accel and let off so the BOV could be heard

:lol: Don't intimidate the 4 and 6 cylinder Camaros. They frighten easily. However, If it had been an 8, he would have shown you the real meaning of acceleration and emabarrassed you badly. If this encounter had indeed taken place, then you should pick your "fights" more wisely in the future and avoid being taught a lesson.

I know you ppl that have the SPT intake are either loving it or hating it cause of the noise but c'mon the noise is hilarious to me. I not only scared my girlfriends cat but it seems all small animals and children even elderly ppl jump a bit when they hear it :lol: Fun to do just to scare ppl and i love the sound on the freeway too and the weird thing wsa last night on my way home a camero that at first seemed it wanted to play with me backed ways off after i did a quick accel and let off so the BOV could be heard :lol: but with just standard acceleration the BOV sound cant be heard so i love this thing and yes... butt-dyno says defenite plus after 4000 rpm. oh SPT intake :wub: i really really want me some exhaust now though gotta save up for it but... what kind would be best for little noise when doing standard driving and still getting the beefy 2.5 Boxer sound during hard acceleration? Opinions?

Do you have the heatshield too? If not, the shield will muffle the sound 10-15%

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

:lol: Don't intimidate the 4 and 6 cylinder Camaros. They frighten easily. .

i liked how they hit there speed limiter so soon. mainly older v6 camaros. i could walk away from them in my slow ass acura i4 becuase of it. ahahahah

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

i liked how they hit there speed limiter so soon. mainly older v6 camaros. i could walk away from them in my slow ass acura i4 becuase of it. ahahahah

Did the same in my mildly modded civic vs a convertible V8 (the convertible had more comfortable tires that called for the lower limiter).:lol:

:lol: Don't intimidate the 4 and 6 cylinder Camaros. They frighten easily. However, If it had been an 8, he would have shown you the real meaning of acceleration and emabarrassed you badly. If this encounter had indeed taken place, then you should pick your "fights" more wisely in the future and avoid being taught a lesson.

wow ok.... it was just something that had happened dont get me wrong i have respect for the faster (V8) cameros so just was willing to play and after hearing the sound he didn't wanna play simple i like to see how my car does against any other car regardless of type or engine size i have actually made quite a few decent buddies from just seeing how they(or i) do in a little run. WOW the amount of anger that semmed to come across with that one :confused: a few of my buddies that have a GT mustang or a V8 camero i have already raced and have beaten maybe i was being a little cocky but i like to have fun sometime when ppl think thay are the shizzle. sorry ofr offending buddy

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

1.) It is CAMARO.... not Camero. :rolleyes:

2.) Streetracing is a very bad choice.... it is unsafe... please take it to a track.

3.) Respect is MUTUAL. If you don't want Camaro and Mustang owners to scoff at your Subaru.... then you shouldn't make snide comments about their cars in return. You reap what you sow......

1.) It is CAMARO.... not Camero. :rolleyes:

2.) Streetracing is a very bad choice.... it is unsafe... please take it to a track.

3.) Respect is MUTUAL. If you don't want Camaro and Mustang owners to scoff at your Subaru.... then you shouldn't make snide comments about their cars in return. You reap what you sow......

...point taken :icon_mrgr and whoops on the spelling shouldn't drunk post :lol: Sorry ppl.

now no i don't have the heat shield i gotta get one thought cause i noticed how hot the filter seemed to get after i parked after just 15 or so minutes normal driving. :icon_surp its pretty dang hot! That cant be all that good for the car at all.

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

My heat shield shipped but my intake is still waiting.. I know they are 'in demand' so i'm not dogging on subaruparts.com or anything, i just cant wait! I have the Stromung cat back so i think it will be a Sick combo.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Is your car stock other then the Catback? If so can you do datalogs on your car before you in stall the intake. I was going to do it on mine, but the logs aren't any good unless you have a baseline to compare it to, and I'm too lazy to take this thing off again and install the stock to do a baseline?

How does the spt intake sound when driving... Do u here the suction? Is it loud? Spoolin if anything? And how much do they run for...

PM me your Email I'll send you a clip.

oh yeah you can hear it.. its a ton of fun to accel hard when you want it and well do my normal ganny driving when you just dont care honestly i am suprised how nifty it sounds

Hey GFXdave99 when you get it lemme know how it sounds all around for the exhaust side i dont want my exhaust to be too loud under normal driving conditions BTW how does it sound now??? thus far i am leaning towards the COBB Turbo back but if there are better options i would love to know

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

Oh hey MikeBravo next time your driving for a bit after you park feel the side of the intake cone that faces the engine lemme know how hot it is? BTW what kind of material is the shield made of anyways?

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

Note that the majority of intake noises heard will remain in-cabin. From the outside, the effect is drastically decreased.

Confined spaces, such as a garage, parking deck, or dyno-bay, will help magnify the exterior-of-vehicle effect, but is again an unrealistic picture of true on-road sounds.

If you want to make pedestrians and others road-side notice your vehicle from an under-hood (versus "exhaust") perspective, a BOV, properly set-up for either 50/50 recirc or total atmospheric, would be the ticket with our LGTs.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived