LegacyGT.com

CEL Fix

ZAPIT

I recently purchased a 05 LGT MT Wagon and the CEL is on along with the CCL. I had it reset by a buddy of mine, only to have it return that night.

The car came with Invidia uppipe and downpipes. I was told by a WRX owner I needed to get a CELFIX kit. I have looked everywhere and have not been able to find it; found some for WRX's but not the LGT......

Anyone got some ideas? Thanks in advance.

I was told by a friend whose had a few WRX's that I need one of those O2 spacer things (CELFIX) to correct the problem as they work in the WRX's.

From my research it seems sellers are not selling this quick fix adapter for federal/emissions issues.

I will post anything else I find.

thanks for the help so far

First of all, you need to find out what the CEL code is, then decide how to fix it.

Honestly ! :rolleyes:

Did a scan and it is related to the O2 sensor so I know this is what is triggering the CEL. Only mods on the car is the DP and UP.

You NEED a proper tune. An added benefit of a proper tune is the removal of said CELS...assuming the ones you have are related to the removal of the cats and not ones for real issues.

I don't know how different older WRX's and 08 WRX's are from my 05 LGT MT Limited is but my friends who own those other WRX's have UP, DP, and full catback exhaust. All they have done is the CELFIX and their cars run perfectly fine. No CEL's. You're prolly right that tuning could juice out more, but not NEEDed.

Even on a 2.5i?

OP has an LGT.

All they have done is the CELFIX and their cars run perfectly fine. No CEL's. You're prolly right that tuning could juice out more, but not NEEDed.

Just because there isn't a CEL, doesn't mean it's running fine. If this "CELFIX" thing is just making the ECU think the sensors are reading properly, it could be way out of spec in reality.

If you open up the exhaust like that and don't tune it, you'll boost spike, overboost, run rich and/or lean at times.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Haven't seen a boost spike or overboost in their cars, they do have Defi gauges in them...and they do drive them pretty hard at times.

I don't have the budget right now for something like a Cobb Acess Port, but I was able to find a CELFIX and it should be here in a few days.

mweiner2 got me thinking tho so when I got the cash saved up I'll get a Cobb? Or should I get something else?

OP has an LGT.

?

Let me try again.

Do I need to get my car tuned to finally get rid of the CEL, even though I don't have a GT? I've asked Dynamic Power Solutions (DPS) if a tune would be possible on my car and they said they could. Would this possibley fix my CEL related to the 2nd O2 sensor as well?

Even on a 2.5i?

a proper tune, accessport for example, allows you to disable CELs caused byt aftermarket parts such as cat efficiancy codes. if you find a tuning solution fo the 2.5i, it will allow you to eliminate codes associated witht he mods you have, and prolly get more powere from them too.

if the cose is present on a stock car, you need to take it to the dealer. the OP has an aftermarket DP, so a stage 2 tune will get him the results he needs.

Haha, my car is far from stock. Thats why the CEL keeps coming back. It's that I have an open-flow cat by Random Tech, so the 2nd O2 sensor keeps getting weird readings and causing the CEL.

I think I will be getting it tuned by DPS sometime this month. I guess I'll see if that gets rid of the CEL for good. I don't have the Accessport option like you GT's do :mad:

Archived