LegacyGT.com

ISC C/O Camber Plate Bolt Torque Spec

hal9e3

Some SFB decided to slam my ISC's top camber setting to full - at some point in their life and in the process lost a bolt on each side. I have replacements but need their torque spec, which I couldn't find in the installation instructions. Anyone?

Which bolt are you talking about? The tophat bolt that connects it to the strut tower? Or something on the coilover itself (the adjustment screw to allow the camber adjustment? Either way it's gonna actually be pretty low believe it or not. The the coilover is generally located in the mount and held there by the weight of the car, so you need just enough on each of the three tophat bolts to handle some of the weight of the suspension at full droop (on a lift, jacked up, or went crazy light over a bump or crest). As I recall, it's like 12.5 ft/lbs (or was it 22? That's a big difference numerically, but either way, that's not super tight). I don't know if there's a torque spec on the tophat camber adjustment, but it can't be more than hand tight plus a single revolution or less.

So, nobody? This must be privileged info. I PM'ed both ImportImage and AJW, who carry these, for this info and didn't hear back from either one of them.

Unless the torque spec is in Japanese I don't see it anywhere on that page. In any case the plot has thickened since I first started this thread. I took my car to the dealer a couple of months ago and they 0'ed them out and tightened the bolts "pretty tight". I went out today to take care of a few other things on the car and when I looked at the C/O's they had self-adjusted half way to full neg! There are holes for 2 more bolts so I added them, re0'ed, and tightned them "very tight". Let's see you self-adjust now!

ISC1.thumb.jpg.bc580071aa838859736700cb857ddc50.jpg

I think it's actually Korean. My point is that there is no torque spec in the instructions. The instructions are crap, in English for sure and probably in Korean as well. I think if you really need a number for yourself, you'll need to contact ISC directly or find a licensed vendor that is willing to actually help you out. Sorry but those two vendors you mentioned have a bit of a history of sucking. I'm not surprised to hear they went to no effort for you. Or you could just swap out your shitty coilovers and get Konis. Good luck!

with a t wrench its even harder to over-torque them. crank them down baby!

I think you just want to see a 'DIY mods gone wrong' photo of 6 bolts broken off in the top of the shock:)

Archived