LegacyGT.com

new rotor upgrade issue

subarulegay

hey guys i dont know if this issue was ever brought up but i just got done trying to do a brake upgrade until i realized they sent me smaller rotors. Parts were ordered from ajusa.com... When i looked up the rotors for my 2.5 n/a (EBC usr rotors) the measurements are 10.9 in for the front while all the other brands when you check the size it says 11.5 in.

I don't understand why ebc would make smaller rotors for my car, even the old oem ones were bigger. Now i dont know if i should still install them or...because when i install the pads an inch on the outside is not contacting the rotor.

just to make sure the rotors i need for my n/a 2007 legacy are 11.5 in diameter right?

so ive got the ebc's returned and have the choice to choose between stoptech slotted 100$ each rotor and dba street series 112$ each rotor. Im going to be running hawk hps pads and was wondering which rotors i should go for. the slotted is just for looks i know my pads will wear quicker and its just a DD.

It depends if the CDM cars are the same as the USDM cars...

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1(2971)| T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

A basic rotor is all you need. 11.5 sounds correct for the Leg. I don't know if certain models come with LGT sized brakes or the old sized RS brakes in CDM but the easiest way would be to just do a quick ruler measurement. 11.5 is an obvious difference than 10.9.

I literally just had this exact same problem. If anyone buys from ebay sellers, beware the compatibility. It sucks. "Sure, this item will fit your vehicle." No, it really doesn't. If that website is like ebay, chance is that they outsource their fitments.

It definitely wouldn't be ebc making the rotors smaller, it would be the wrong order. I ordered some dimpled/slotted ebc gd729 rotors, said they'd fit, they didn't. I'm not sure about the 2.5i, for the 2.5gt, the correct dimpled/slotted rotors are the ebc gd7408 for the front and 7409 for the rear.

Best thing to do would be to either contact the seller to ensure correct fitment for your vehicle or look around for the rotors you want from reputable sellers. A couple places I went to, just to plug in my info to see which model I needed, were rallitek and summit racing. Just do a little looking before you commit to buying. I already made that mistake, and it sucks, lol.

BTW, with the EBC rotors, they have 2 different styles. I believe either style works as long as you get the right size, but just by going for what fits your car, they'd send you their "import style." They have a gold coating that they use on the import rotors and a black coating on the domestic rotors. That's just what I've seen though. I believe if you wanted black instead of gold, you could do that, but I'm not positive. Like I said, look around to make sure it fits before you buy it. Sucks to have to do online returns because of all the downtime.

This is why folks on here who buy their parts should stick to supporting the vendors who support this site. The vendors on here actually own/use Subies and thus are very much intimately aware of what parts go on what cars etc. The ebay guys are just drop shipping parts, they could be widgets, or any other item.

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Ya. Much easier and safer to go that way. Only reason I didn't was because I couldn't find the ones I was looking for when browsing vendor classifieds. But I just thought I'd throw that out there in case some people do use ebay.

Archived