LegacyGT.com

timing belt problems

any body have any problems with their fourth gen's timing belt? just a question cause this dude was just talking shit about scoobie timing belts. i havent had any problems yet but i just got mine so we will see. any feed back is much appreciated

A timing belt failure is a risk from any vehicle manufacture(assuming a belt driven motor). This person may have encountered a specific case that was a Subaru, however it is not common knowledge that they are problematic about timing belts. Honestly, I worry more about the bearings in the waterpump pulley, tensioner, and idler pulleys than I do about the physical belt life.

What?

Someone was talking shit about Subaru timing belts? How lame.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

yeah HCF i agree with you on the matter of the bearings, but he just made it sound like it was a bigger problem than it really is, i'm not stressin just wondering if people had any imput. thanks for the comments guys and girls if its the case

Bearings seized on my 00RS (idler pulley). Can't remember the milage, but I could have been pushing it. Then I learned how to take lots of stuff apart. Replacing the timing belt and all the other stuff on my lgt tonight at 92k. I'd just rather be too early than too late.

Archived