LegacyGT.com

5th Gen GT Finds

I had my 2010 LGT in for service in Santa Fe the other day. I wasn't 10 miles down the road in the loaner Outback when I got a call from a salesman, asking if I'd like to trade it in. He says he has several customers who are interested. I told him to call me when Subaru starts putting turbos in Legacies again.

It was interesting driving the new Outback. It had a lot of pep for a 4cyl...until I got to this one passing lane going up a mountain at about 6500 ft elevation. I popped out into the passing lane like I always do and hit the gas. It made a lot of noise, but I didn't go any faster. Turbos and high elevation are just made for each other

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Never knew the 2012 GT had that grille on it. Was it only a certain portion of the last builds?

No. The car has a rebuilt title, so when it was rebuilt, they probably put a 2013-2014 grill and bumper on it. It looks good!

I was actually under the impression that all of them had that grille until recently, I haven't the foggiest what the cutoff was.

Could also be that they decided to "upgrade" from the previous style, depending on what happened to the car that necessitated the rebuild title.

Edit: curses, ninja'd again...

As in $12,000? For a GT? Was it stolen?

Naw, Subies don't pull the same value in a city that has no snow and rarely a rainy day.

I did end up doing head gaskets pretty quickly but I don't really think the previous owner saw that coming.

There are bunch of 100K mile 2010 GT's with $12-15K asking prices. $23k would be fair it had a clean accident history. $23K for a Legacy that was totaled is a dreamer price. A car that was totaled and had a book value of over 25k, means it probably at least $18K of damaged for the insurance to total it.

• 2 weeks later...