LegacyGT.com

Looking at a Spec B. What do you think?

awns729

I'm guessing mid teens.

Mar 2011 I paid 24 grand for a 09 Spec B with 23,000 miles and 4 wheels and 8 tires. All in great shape.

I should add, mine was private seller from this forum.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Seriously? When I was looking in December/January, all the ones here in the northeast were going for mid $20k's, I ended up paying $24k for an '07 with 36k miles, strut bars, intake, dyno tune'd and Invidia TBE. I did give a little leeway since those were all mods I planned on doing and figured it would cost me ~$2000+ to buy it all myself

This is the only one i found within 150 miles of me:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=87913499&listingRecNum=0&criteria=sf1Dir%3DDESC%26mkId%3D20041%26stkTyp%3DU%26mdId%3D21378%26rd%3D150%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-trId%26zc%3D01752%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-1%26stkTypId%3D28881%26sf2Dir%3DASC%26sf1Nm%3Dprice%26sf2Nm%3Dmiles%26isDealerGrouping%3Dfalse%26trId%3D22583%26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national&listType=1

67k miles and $23000, I have a hard time believeing you could get one into the teens

Nada puts it's at ~21000 with 50k so that is what the dealer is shooting for. I would try lower than that. Dealer trade in 15-16k so I doubt you will get it for mid teens unless some thing is wrong and the dealer is looking to dump it. Private party sales would (should) be cheaper.

I find that NADA always undershoots rarer more sought after cars. They dont seem to add in the gotta have it factor. Both my 2006 GTO and my '07 SpecB were listed ~$3k less on NADA then on KBB and from what I saw on both cars was that the market was much closer to the KBB values.

Kbb puts a 2007 Spec.b with 50k miles at $24,381 from a dealer.

To compare however, the prices on my girlfriends '09 Legacy 2.5i LTD were identical between the two, and it seems to be like that for most "run of the mill" versions of cars.

An '07 with under 50k will probably sell for 20-22k. Dealers especially aren't going to really come down too much because they know it's the type of car they can sit on and within a couple months get what they want. How much you're willing to pay all comes down to how badly you want it.

It is possible to get a good deal on a spec, and by good deal, I mean fair. If you want to really score, and get a car at an excellent value under kbb/nada price, the spec is the wrong car, unless there's something wrong with it.

high teens?

Y not just get a gt limited and go from there?

It's cheaper, maybe 9-15k,(depending on year) then use $ on upgrades

Spec B's r nice and different but is it worth it when u compare it to a gt with mods that ended up costing as much as a stock spec B.

Just hoping you don't regret anything here, I'll be a little disappointed.

Buy whichever 1 you want but don't look back and say I shouldn't of bought it

I think it was Car and Driver that did a comparison and a regular modded gt beat it in stopping and handling.

Just helping out not hating. I'll buy a spec b and store it for years to come

SpecB has a 6 speed and nicer seats. You can't expect it to handle that much better, and the brakes are the same, so if you put descent tires on a lgt, there should be no difference.

They are still very nice though, just depends on what you're looking for.

high teens?

Y not just get a gt limited and go from there?

It's cheaper, maybe 9-15k,(depending on year) then use $ on upgrades

Spec B's r nice and different but is it worth it when u compare it to a gt with mods that ended up costing as much as a stock spec B.

Just hoping you don't regret anything here, I'll be a little disappointed.

Buy whichever 1 you want but don't look back and say I shouldn't of bought it

I think it was Car and Driver that did a comparison and a regular modded gt beat it in stopping and handling.

Just helping out not hating. I'll buy a spec b and store it for years to come

Hey, I appreciate your comment.

It's really important to me to find something low mileage. This is going to be used to commute to work, and so my major concern is reliability. I don't have too much money for mods right away (and I don't want to buy one with too many mods either), so the Bilsten suspension is a nice plus, even though it's not much. Built in GPS, 18s, and high quality 6 speed make the difference for me. I figure this is a nice jump point to start modding. Stage 1 will I'll do ASAP. Further mods within a year or two.

I'm open to low mileage (40-60k) LGTs, which seems like sell for ~19k-21k, but with this constraint, it's a difference of a few thousand for the Spec B goodies. So I figure not too bad right? For the 6MT especially?

Posts "I bought mine with XX miles X years ago" should be disregarded, used car market values have been swinging wildly as of late (Japan earthquake etc, supply shortages, recession etc). Look into ebay auctions/kbb/edmunds/NADA and judge for yourself.

Posts "I bought mine with XX miles X years ago" should be disregarded, used car market values have been swinging wildly as of late (Japan earthquake etc, supply shortages, recession etc). Look into ebay auctions/kbb/edmunds/NADA and judge for yourself.

Yeah I have been. Hard to know for Spec Bs specifically based on Kbb. But edmunds and NADA seem to be better.

Buy mine with gold plus warranty, lol.

If you were local, I would have called you as soon as your listing was up lol

I don't have too much money for mods right away (and I don't want to buy one with too many mods either), so the Bilsten suspension is a nice plus, even though it's not much.

Honestly, my gf's '09 2.5i LTD handles better than my spec.b. Maybe its a weight thing but it seems more nimble and responsive and has less body roll. My spec also seems about an inch taller when side-by-side.

Archived