LegacyGT.com

what can I do to make my turbo sound better!

I was hoping someone would be able to help me figure out how to make my factory turbo on my 05 legacy GT sound better. It doent really sound like anything resemeling a turbo.. it's missing the whistle that you associate w/ most turbo applications. I'm curious if a blowoff valve upgrade would make it better. I'm a bit new to this whole thing, but I'm open to ideas and willing to learn from anyone who is willing to teach me something. Alot of this stuff is a bit over my head for the time being!

Thanks

nvrgnadi@hotmail.com

I have to admit, I was hoping for more turbo whine when I removed my intake silencer. Didn't work, so I put it back on.

I've read that the short-ram style intakes have that effect, but I haven't tried one and don't plan to, so I don't have much to offer besides links to dumb/funny stuff. :)

^ remove the intake silencer, install a catless UP and DP, and you will have what you are looking for. if that is not enough, then upgrade the turbo (however that will require all the supporting mods)

RICER! :lol: j/k

^ remove the intake silencer, install a catless UP and DP, and you will have what you are looking for. if that is not enough, then upgrade the turbo (however that will require all the supporting mods)

I hate to sound like a complete idiot, but where would I find the intake silencer... I just want to make sure I dont start removing stuff that's unecessary> I wish there were pictures/or diagrams to help illustrate these parts. It's just that this is the 1st subaru w/ the turbo setup that I've seen up close.

I appreciate your help

thanks

I hate to sound like a complete idiot, but where would I find the intake silencer... I just want to make sure I dont start removing stuff that's unecessary> I wish there were pictures/or diagrams to help illustrate these parts. It's just that this is the 1st subaru w/ the turbo setup that I've seen up close.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1955

it's the box attached to the bottom of your airbox. it is meant to silence noise from the incoming air going to the airbox. also be aware that without it there is an approx 2 inch hole in the floor of the airbox unless it is blocked by you.

also the DP (downpipe) and UP(uppipe) have catalytic converters that silence the turbo noise to some extent

I was hoping someone would be able to help me figure out how to make my factory turbo on my 05 legacy GT sound better. It doent really sound like anything resemeling a turbo.. it's missing the whistle that you associate w/ most turbo applications. I'm curious if a blowoff valve upgrade would make it better. I'm a bit new to this whole thing, but I'm open to ideas and willing to learn from anyone who is willing to teach me something. Alot of this stuff is a bit over my head for the time being!

Thanks

nvrgnadi@hotmail.com

welcome to the forum. please check this link first http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67940 btw i have a AEM cai and believe me you will hear it with one of those. :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived