LegacyGT.com

Mufflers / axle back exhaust options - 07 Legacy

The mufflers in my 07 Legacy 2.5i are rattling pretty badly and I want to upgrade to something that sounds a little more aggressive than the stock cans. Not looking to spend more than $150 or so per side, and not looking for too much noise.

Anyone have suggestions? I have seen lots of axle back systems on ebay but they're mostly no name parts and I'd rather do things right the first time around.

I know there are many threads about this, but I have yet to find any suggestions for the 2.5i sedan.

Also, not looking for catback systems, so that slims out the herd quite a bit.

Get you a set of wrx mufflers used from someone. There's not to many options for us non turbo guys and the 400 dollar exhaust that seems to be the only CaT back available sounds like crap a kid that comescomes into my dealership and he has it. I have a wrx exhaust slightly modified to fit. Also there's a heat shield around the mufflers on the body of our cars... Check that those haven't fallen that could producequite a rattle.

Look at TurboXS. They have mufflers that bolt up to the stock exhaust. I ran just the mufflers for a while before getting their mid and y-pipe. Little more sound than stock, but only loud enough to really hear it from outside or if the windows were down

Get you a set of wrx mufflers used from someone. There's not to many options for us non turbo guys and the 400 dollar exhaust that seems to be the only CaT back available sounds like crap a kid that comescomes into my dealership and he has it. I have a wrx exhaust slightly modified to fit. Also there's a heat shield around the mufflers on the body of our cars... Check that those haven't fallen that could producequite a rattle.

Thanks for the suggestion -- I see you're also from Auburn. Know of anyplace in particular to look around here? The Syracuse Craigslist doesn't ever have much in the way of subaru parts.

Honestly, no. I work at a deealer and acquired my 2015 exhaust for free luckily when someone bought a new wrx and wanted the sti exhaust put on he didn't want the stock one so he let me keep it. The flanges are turned 90 tho so you'd have to cut and rotate or use a wrx mid pipe. I fabricate a lot of my own stuff because parts for us na guys seem to be non existent. Craigslist never has anything good, but I'm always down to help fellow subaru guys if I can. I'm actually out Rochester way alot.. My friends and I started a car group called EMPIRESTANCE and we have a few members in roch. Ianother option is to just buy some mufflers of your liking andmake a pipe to connect it to y pipe seeing as its 90 degree not straight back. If ii were you I'd find a wrx catback on eBay or something. Make that for with little mod but getting rid of that gigantic resonator thing in the stock mid pipe really opens it up under heavy acceleration. I also deleted the cat and resonators in the pipe before that with a custom fabbed straight pipe. My whole exhaust is straight from the front cat to he stock wrx mufflers with a vibrant 1792 straight resonator before the rear diff. Soundslike an older porsche kinda. Pretty sweet.

Archived