LegacyGT.com

Headlights different colors?

I have a 2011 2.5i Premium, and I noticed that the headlights are 2 different colors. I figured maybe at some point only one was replaced and so they were different brands, but I just installed HIDs today, and I'm having the same issue, where the right headlight is lighter than the left. Wondering what could cause that? Would that be something to do with the lens or something with the projector? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dylan

Their were 3 different styles of lights that fit the 5th Gen Legacy.

10-12 Legacy/Outback Headlight which is all silver

13-14 Legacy (& 14 Outback Touring) Headlights which were Black accented with slightly different design that has C in the plastic.

13-14 Outback which the same subtle styling differences as 13-14 Legacy Headlight but is all silver.

If both of your headlight have the same styling, it could just be fading or one is new and the other original.

Their were 3 different styles of lights that fit the 5th Gen Legacy.

10-12 Legacy/Outback Headlight which is all silver

13-14 Legacy (& 14 Outback Touring) Headlights which were Black accented with slightly different design that has C in the plastic.

13-14 Outback which the same subtle styling differences as 13-14 Legacy Headlight but is all silver.

If both of your headlight have the same styling, it could just be fading or one is new and the other original.

He means the actual bulb not the headlight housing, but to that point one light assembly that was replaced could cause a different hue from the projector if it's not OEM.

I vote for one being aftermaket replacement and the projector lense being of slightly different quality. I wouldn't image that the factory relays or fuses would cause a slightly lower voltage or color in only one light as long as the HID upgrade was done with a relay harness to run it.

I found that I have the same issue. one bulb is more blue and the other is what I would consider a warmer color. I found after that I purchased my car that the front of my car was pretty much totaled but never reported to insurance.

It's because it's an aftermarket assembly.

if you pull up to a wall and the lights are different colors then it is a projector issue. Headlights on a '11 legacy should not be yellowing yet...

My 2010 was fogged up and yellow in 2015...More than possible his are as well.

Archived