LegacyGT.com

no spark after hg's, Cel for Cam sensor

Allrighty, so car is all back together and its been two nights trying to track down a spark,

The car cranks but doesnt start, fuel pressure is good, everything is hooked up, i have 12 volts on the middle wire to the coil, im not sure if i have the right order for the injectors but it seams they only reach the one way,

now initialy i couldnt make the wire for the cam sensor reach to be able to plug it in, after loosening the intake and wiggling it, i gained enough distance to plug it, i also thought i may have pinched the harness between the intake and the coolant crossover, but looking a photos thats were it goes,

i have a Cel for cam sensor, P0340 i believe, and if i clear it, it comes back after i crank it over, so i pulled the intake off again, the real pain is the egr line !! and tested from the plug for the cam sensor to the main harness plug and had continuity, and no grounding out, i have a 2.2 95, so i took the can sensor out and plopped it in, no go still, and still cam CEL,

Im not sure if you need a cam signal for spark, now that i say it i should of tryed on my 95 lol !

ive read about the module thats behind the breather, and checking timing again which i will do,

now i removed the crank sensor by detroying it, thinking that would be an easy swap in and out, but not so much

could another possibility be that i fried something because i cut a wire that was taped into the harness for the coil that was being used for a tack signal for the remote start, when i first tryed the car, three days ago i had forgotten it and it was dangling around and may have grounded out as i was turning it over,

thanks for your time !

If you have a code for it it's most likely not plugged in or plugged in the wrong place or wires could have broken or worn and I'm pretty sure most plugs are shaped only for one thing each except I seam to remember the cam sensor plug being able to be mistaken for another plug just gotta remember what I'll check my harness tomorrow and get back to you

Those wires under the intake have to go in just the right spot to not rub. I rerouted mine a few times before I was happy with them placing the intake on while the engine was still on the stand. You must not have something plugged in correct. Did you label all the wires before you took them off?

Sorry you are having issues I know how it feels to get all done and excited to fire it back up then have more problems. Hope you get it figured out soon.

Oh I also destroyed my crank angle sensor removing it that bitch was corroded in there good. Wire brushed it good with the dremel after and got a delphi replacement from rockauto.

I'm fairly new to the game and am not sure how their cam sensors look, but if it's like a distributor, there could be the possibility of having it 180* off. Again, if I'm way out of the park just mosey on by this post. ;) Good luck, keep us posted!

if you have a dvom, probe the crank sensor while cranking it over. you should see the voltage fluctuate between high and low. if its a needle type meter, the needle will sweep back and forth between set positions. that will tell you if the crank sensor is good. if it is, you can check the same wires at your pcm. if you don't have that signal there, it is in the harness. you can track down the break, or run new wires.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

So i think il just run new set of wires from the cam sensor to the main harness, im thinking if i tugged on it to make up that 1/2 inch it might of broke internally,

so swagon wagon would you be able to get the pinouts for me, so i can make sure im splicing the right ones, thanks !

well im looking to see if i have the wrong plugs wired up, and behind the egr, with a small tube thats plugged into it, theres a plug thats orange and has a yellow with a red stripe and a smaller green wire the casing is orange, and the cam one I have now is blue and yellow, the casing is white,

i looked on my older subi, 95 2.2 and its a white casing one on the front but both wires and blue and blue with white stripe

and also on that small thing behind the egr, look like theres supposed to be two tubes but theres only one

Update/correction

I looked into it, and on mitchell on demand it shows the wire being black and grey, i found a black and grey plugged into the injector and was able to swap them and now just to get a new crank sensor tomorrow and cross my fingers that she runs perfect ! i also found another little vacume line that was dangling on the erg.

thanks guys

Archived