LegacyGT.com

07 Spec B stalls while in motion. Help if you can!

Three days ago I was normally going about 40mph and all of a sudden there was an RPM drop, and even though the car was still in gear, if I were to give it gas, it would not respond. I had to put the car in neutral and than back in to the gear to continue my journey. I also had the ABS and Traction Control light go on.

Now I am pretty sure my front driver side wheel bearing has gone to a better place, I have already ordered a replacement from Fred Bean so it should go in some time next week. So I was under the impression that it was just the wheel bearing shorting out and causing the problem.

Now two days ago the same thing continued to happen while driving but the car has now started to completely stall, I get same ABS and TC light on, but also there is the picture of engaged parking brake appearing on the little screen. Now I can restart the engine while still in motion, but sometimes I need to take a stop and wait a good 30 sec before the car will let me turn it back on.....

Any ideas guys?

I seem to have resolved the issue, after making in home last night on a flat bed, I went ahead and disconnected the 2 way car started I had installed about a month and a half ago, and made my way to work today without any issues. So I am not sure if the unit is defective or if the wiring is messed up.

I had a similar problem a few months back.

Although I didn't pull the fuel filter and am not 100% certain, I was concerned that it may have been due to poor fuel. I hate to admit that it may have also been due to me accidentally filling with regular rather than high octane (never happened before and never happened since).

I put in some octane boost and refilled with 94 octane and the symptoms stopped.

Good luck.

will TC actually shut off the engine? I can't imagine that. With the clutch disengaged, it shouldn't matter what the wheels are doing, the engine should not shut down.

The symptoms sound similar to vacuum line or boost leak issues. But only a severe boost leak would cause a complete engine shut down. You'd be able to hear it during spool... unless you can't even get the turbo to spool, in which case, you'd have a very severe leak.

Are you stock or modded?

lol

Well this morning the problem got worse, the car shut off once I got it on to the hwy and went around 70 mph. Now as far as I know, I might have a small vacuum leak as I am not able to hit full boost as of late and the engine some times runs a little rough at idle, I be will running a smoke machine through it sometime this week.

Turnig off TC, just by pressing the TC button, did not solve the problem. The car shut off about 10 time during a 35 mile trip, both while standing in traffic and moving, so I am not sure if the shut offs are speed related, but I do get the same ABS and TC light one, and a picture of an engaged hand brake right after the shutt off.

Aslo the last time this happend, I got a msg on the screen saying to run some sort of diagnostic, I had to reset the ECU and get on my way.

OK, so in that case you have a more serious problem.

First is to check that all large hoses are in place, to make sure that you don't have a major leak - especially after the throttle.

However I do suspect that the problem is something else - probably electrical. Like a bad grounding or a bad battery. But it can also be the alternator acting up producing overvoltage. Check around the car and see if you have any burnt bulbs. If you have many burnt bulbs you may have an overvoltage problem.

But also check fuses and connectors, including fusible links.

At worst you have a real gremlin living in your car.

453747.png

Archived