LegacyGT.com

The N/A section needs a sticky

Just like it says. We need a sticky in our left field. One to eliminate the question, do they make a SUPERCHARGER for our cars question. And the famous WHAT aftermarket parts are available for my car question. Just a liitle sticky that says READ BEFORE YOU HIT THE POST BUTTON!! I myslef would have read it before i hit the post button. But then again i read every post before i did. i think with the help of some good post links in this section we can even link a headers thread. A supercharger wont work link. And a you can get a turbo kit only running 5 PSI of boost by ralliTEK link.It would read something like this.

Dear new people

As you are reading this, alot have wondered the same thing as you are right now. What aftermarket parts are available for my car? ( NOT A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT!!! j/k ) If you search this part of the forum " naturally aspirated powertrains ( 2.5i, 3.0R ) you will most likely find what you are looking for. Everything from headers, superchargers, turbo kits, catback exhaust's, you name it. Everyone has wondered. Just hit the search button and prepare to be dissappointed. Thank you for your time, and remember SEARCH.

wouldnt you all agree though? i say we need a sticky to prevent all of this uselessness.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

People don't read the stickies. Yes, some people will. Thank god for them.

But others... Others won't read it. They don't search. They only post what they are thinking.

Oh and it's not just the N/A people... It happens in every forum, so don't think I'm singling anyone out. After being a mod here, it's tough guiding people to the right place. There's always going to be someone posting in the first section they see, even if it doesn't pertain to their topic. Oh well...

-ben

how about a sticky that reads:"if you own a gt and am bored and want to type things that say, 'you should trade your car in for a gt,' in every single thread in this forum, POST IT HERE INSTEAD.

sincere reposts are okay in my book. insincere tomfoolery and asshatery are the shenanigans i can't stand...b'golly!

You just get tired of seeing the same things getting posted. headers, turbos, and superchargers. I know for one at all the meets that i have attended i have NEVER been misstreated just because i own a 2.5i They look at my car just as much as i look at theirs. Not only that but what fun would it be attending meets if everyone had the same car? I like seeing a mixture of subarus. legacy's, sti's, wrx's, outback's, svt's. You name it. i love seeing all of them. so i dont think that the GT's owners have it out for me. I think they all appreciate my car as much as i do up until i start asking for performance upgrades. The fact of the matter is yes you can get performance upgrades. yes you can. But you will not see and big difference until you upgrade your internals. And that will cost you more than what the car is worth. And then you will most likely be up to a stock GT. But i just thought that i would post this. alot ( i should re-phrase this to some, a selected few ) of the 2.5i owners can be some real asshats. So for the rest of us n/a's we would just like to say hey yeah were here, and read the sticky.

OTM.

Whoa, once again an angry 2.5i owner. I need to watch for these guys and road rage, they can't take jokes very well, even though this is one of the most laid back forums I've ever been a part of, the 2.5i section is serious business.

I think you have it wrong. It's not an angry 2.5i owner, it's an insulted 2.5i owner. yeah, true, we don't have GTs, but most of us knew what we were getting into. The others that don't, that was the reason for this thread. I'm usually not one to complain or post TOO much, but I've noticed a couple of your posts have been obnoxious and totally unnecessary to the topic at hand, like, right now. I've been on these forums long enough to know that the GT owners still respect the 2.5i owners as fellow enthusiasts and Subaru/Legacy owners. That is all that is needed; there is no need to keep bringing up the "get a GT" suggestion in EVERY thread discussing modification of the non-turbo platform. That is getting old. Yes, getting a GT is the best way to go about having a good platform for modding, but it may not be the ideal situation financially. Those looking for insane power, probably would not have bought the 2.5i to begin with. So please, refrain from having to make comments about your fellow Legacy owners in a demeaning manner. You say it's a joke, but a joke is only funny the first couple of times, even I joke and say to just get a GT...but YOU my fellow Legacy owner, are just being an asshat most of the time.

You just get tired of seeing the same things getting posted. headers, turbos, and superchargers. I know for one at all the meets that i have attended i have NEVER been misstreated just because i own a 2.5i They look at my car just as much as i look at theirs. Not only that but what fun would it be attending meets if everyone had the same car? I like seeing a mixture of subarus. legacy's, sti's, wrx's, outback's, svt's. You name it. i love seeing all of them. so i dont think that the GT's owners have it out for me. I think they all appreciate my car as much as i do up until i start asking for performance upgrades. The fact of the matter is yes you can get performance upgrades. yes you can. But you will not see and big difference until you upgrade your internals. And that will cost you more than what the car is worth. And then you will most likely be up to a stock GT. But i just thought that i would post this. alot ( i should re-phrase this to some, a selected few ) of the 2.5i owners can be some real asshats. So for the rest of us n/a's we would just like to say hey yeah were here, and read the sticky.

Haha when I was doing my headlights yesterday, I was with a board member who owns a GT, and I brought up the fact all the 2.5i people (which I am one of them), always get pissed off when the GT's throw them some shit. We both agree it's probably the funniest thing ever to see people get pissed about not having a faster car with a turbo. It's not a big deal at all and I completely agree with ^^^.

Haha when I was doing my headlights yesterday, I was with a board member who owns a GT, and I brought up the fact all the 2.5i people (which I am one of them), always get pissed off when the GT's throw them some shit. We both agree it's probably the funniest thing ever to see people get pissed about not having a faster car with a turbo. It's not a big deal at all and I completely agree with ^^^.

It is funny, wanting to know why a n/a car can't get the power that a turbo can.:p I know why! It's cause we need a vortex generator!

either that or a leaf blower with some NAWZ!!!

the thing in behind this though was just try to eliminate all of this flaming. I persoanlly know for a fact that i have a 2.5i and dont need to be reminded of it. I love driving my car. You just see the same post's over and over again. I know i have. everytime i see one i think to myself the poor sap is really going to get it. and he does. Not quite as bad as the nabisco site but pretty much the same concept. I just thought if WE ( N/A's ) all came together we could get a sticky and make up some links that would be useful for this kind of stuff.

But i am here to have a good time. I like meeting new people, and just shooting the shit. I love cars. so i move for a sticky and a GROUP HUG!!!!

OTM.

I think you have it wrong. It's not an angry 2.5i owner, it's an insulted 2.5i owner. yeah, true, we don't have GTs, but most of us knew what we were getting into. The others that don't, that was the reason for this thread. I'm usually not one to complain or post TOO much, but I've noticed a couple of your posts have been obnoxious and totally unnecessary to the topic at hand, like, right now. I've been on these forums long enough to know that the GT owners still respect the 2.5i owners as fellow enthusiasts and Subaru/Legacy owners. That is all that is needed; there is no need to keep bringing up the "get a GT" suggestion in EVERY thread discussing modification of the non-turbo platform. That is getting old. Yes, getting a GT is the best way to go about having a good platform for modding, but it may not be the ideal situation financially. Those looking for insane power, probably would not have bought the 2.5i to begin with. So please, refrain from having to make comments about your fellow Legacy owners in a demeaning manner. You say it's a joke, but a joke is only funny the first couple of times, even I joke and say to just get a GT...but YOU my fellow Legacy owner, are just being an asshat most of the time.

Didn't know you were so butt hurt by jokes, I just laugh because everyone in 2.5i posts the samething 343289 times over, so obviously it's been answered, why not have some fun? Only place I've found angry people about "joking around" in a post, is here, I think some of you are all sensitive about your car for no reason. So chill out and either laugh about it or read one of the other 343289 posts about the samething and get an answer. :) If you're not capable of ignoring a joke you don't find funny, then I guess you have other issues to deal with and legacygt.com can't help you there.

P.S. I think for some reason some of you are thinking I "dislike" 2.5i owners and that is not the case whatsoever, I like to joke, I'm not a serious person, unless it's a serious topic, so if some of you might be thinking I'm against 2.5i owners or something, I'm not, I actually was on my way to buying a 2.5i when the salesman talked me into driving a GT and I decided to spend the extra money, I love both cars, so don't assume or put me in the boat of someone hating on another Subaru. I just assume some of you don't get the jokes or for some reason take it way too serious. Anyways, I'll leave the N/A forum alone for awhile.

meanwhile back at the ranch, i vote for sticky. But hey i am here for some fun so lets make this fun. Does anyone else have any more ideas for a sticky?

OTM.

hey, no one is insulted here. really, who gets insulted on the interwebs? my redundant point isn't aimed at one guy. hell, i'm sure i'd be good friends with the gt guys that swim into the n/a pond, if they were in my neck of the country.

they just know that they can ruffle some feathers by posting smack in a thread that has nothing to benefit or offer them. and to them it's entertainment. whatever. if there were any moderation on these forums, maybe it wouldn't get so annoying, as annoying as the reposts of "can i turbo my 2.5i."

i agree with the sticky idea. stickies are good, if they are updated regularly. but i don't mind the new guy coming on here and starting a thread asking a simple question just to meet everyone. if someone keeps starting new threads over and over asking the same question, or a variant of the same question, that is where the moderator needs to lock it down.

and big up to the gt guys. i've owned a few turbo subarus of different models, so i know where you're at. but you gotta respect the guys that choose to drive a slow car and then wonder what they can do to make it faster. it's really no different than the guys that think their gt's are slow, and go all out on rotated mounts, and built internals...

i thought i could tame my modding nature with an n/a, alas i was horribly wrong!:lol:

Actually, I wasn't butthurt at all.:lol: I'm actually one of the few that usually keeps quiet about modding the 2.5i. diamondgray....I hope you don't think i have it out for you or anything. lol. I know how slow my car is, and I accept it, and am not personally insulted(most of the time). I was honestly just sticking up for the guys that are insulted, etc. I hang out with wrx/wrx sti/lgt owners. They give me so much hell, a grown man would cry if they didn't know them personally:lol:

Yeah i know there always asking me where my hoodscoop is. i was waiting on the next one to ask me at one of the meets and i was going to steal theirs. LOL.

Its ashame some of you dont live in or near ohio. i am having a big meet again this year at my house on the 27th. But if you would like to show up just hit me up.

OTM.

Actually, I wasn't butthurt at all.:lol: I'm actually one of the few that usually keeps quiet about modding the 2.5i. diamondgray....I hope you don't think i have it out for you or anything. lol. I know how slow my car is, and I accept it, and am not personally insulted(most of the time). I was honestly just sticking up for the guys that are insulted, etc. I hang out with wrx/wrx sti/lgt owners. They give me so much hell, a grown man would cry if they didn't know them personally:lol:

Sweet, just making sure we're on the same page, I'll keep the randomness to a minimum, as long as I don't see a repeated post. ;)

Archived