LegacyGT.com

Battery Terminal Issues... car randomly dies

Once again my car is having issues... :mad:

Every time I take a right turn (might be left also but in my neighborhood I can only take right turns) over about 10mph my car just dies. I've actually had this problem before and it had a simple fix; all I did was just scrub out the positive battery terminal and got rid of a ton of corrosion and problem solved.

This time however is a different story. I recently disconnected my battery to clean my MAF sensor. Reconnected it, and the problem started. I tried to just do what I did the previous time but it didn't really work... Tried again and really tightened the cable down so it wouldn't lose connection... only helped a little bit; it still dies if I'm going faster than like 15mph

It's really annoying and makes the car pretty much undrivable

Have you cleaned the negative terminal too ?

Have you made sure all the electrical connectors are tight and clean ? Most are fairly easy to take off and check.

BTW, How old is the battery ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Have you cleaned the negative terminal too ?

Have you made sure all the electrical connectors are tight and clean ? Most are fairly easy to take off and check.

BTW, How old is the battery ?

Just cleaned the negative terminal, seems to have fixed the problem, which is strange because it didn't look like it had any corrosion or anything on it...

I have learned to clean both terminals and then put a good coating of grease over, around and under them. it keeps out moisture.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived