LegacyGT.com

Bye Bye Legacy... Hello 2018 WRX

Here is mine.

Beautiful. The stock wheels look killer on CWP.

I almost got CWP, they had one in stock, but they found a LBP in transit. LBP was my first choice. My 2013 STI was SWP, so I wanted a color I did not have before... I know CWP and SWP are different.

Have you driven a new WRX? It's a way nicer car than it used to be. And it's not like Subaru is coming out with a new turbo LegacyGT.

This right here. Even if they did I'm unsure it would be something I'd consider given its size. If Subaru turbo charged the Crosstrek that would be a car I'd seriously consider.

Have you driven a new WRX? It's a way nicer car than it used to be. And it's not like Subaru is coming out with a new turbo LegacyGT.

No not yet but I wonder how much the Wrx has grown in size over the years? I think the '18 model looks pretty good one of the reasons I moved to the legacy was more room but my ex and my friend they both find the legacy small at least the 4th gen they always have the seat all the way back

The 4th gen Legacy has a compact interior, not as much space as an Accord or Camry. Similar to older Audi A4 or BMW 3 series. That was one of the main things Subaru addressed in the Legacy redesign. Unfortunately, they made other changes like numb steering and mandatory CVT.

The compact size is a good thing for many of us.

I find 4th gen legacy interior size to be perfect. Then again I am 5'-10". My 6'+ buddy has a lot of trouble sitting comfortably in the passenger seat. I like the design of the new WRXs but wish they'd try to take on the Audi A6 & BMW 5 series with a fast, sporty luxury sedan. Something in the $38K-50K range would be ideal

The 15+ WRX and STI have a bit more space in the rear than the 4th gen Legacy. From cars101:

2008 Legacy Sedan Legroom front/rear: 44.1 / 33.9"

2018 WRX/STI Legroom front/rear: 43.3 / 35.4"

2008 Legacy Sedan Headroom front/rear (with sunroof): 37.5 / 36.5"

2018 WRX/STI Headroom front/rear (with moonroof): 37.2 / 37.1"

2008 Legacy Sedan Overall Length: 185.0

2018 WRX/STI overall length: 180.9

Those numbers seem to jive with my opinion. I felt the cabin space was about the same in my 4th Legacy and new WRX. I think the truck space "seems" bigger, which is likely due to the overall length being higher in the legacy. I'm 5'9, so I'm not cramped for space in either platform.

I still love the 4th gen's. If I could find a 0 miles 2008/09 Spec B.... sadly those don't exist.

It's nice to have the newer tech in the car. Subaru also claimed to have upgraded the "quality" in the 2018... but even as a brand new car, I hear the typical subaru rattles, creeks, vibrations, etc. W/E, it's a Subaru, not a Bentley.

Beautiful. The stock wheels look killer on CWP.

I almost got CWP, they had one in stock, but they found a LBP in transit. LBP was my first choice. My 2013 STI was SWP, so I wanted a color I did not have before... I know CWP and SWP are different.

We're opposite...

Ordered the CWP last week of May and didn't get till Aug.8.

Lapis Blue was my choice but fell for the CWP.

SWP is more dense than the CWP.

Congrats and happy new!

^

That's what made me buy a WRX to hear and feel all the negatives sides... :lol:

Its a totallly different vehicle.

Don't get me wrong I kept my '05BL ABP 5eat LT/GT.

So can you tell the 'torque vectoring' doing its thing vs. our good ol awd system in the lgt?

Archived