LegacyGT.com

Stripped Car, Now Lights Flash

I bought a newer Legacy GT a few months ago and my old one is a rust bucket. I'm selling the entire interior, i have every part but front seats and dash if anyone is interested.

Anyway, after stripping the interior, I connected the battery and the interior lights (gauges, radio) and blinkers flash on and off nonstop. I can hear the fuse clicking on and off too.

No wires were touched or anything except I found these two wires cut off

(see picture) next to the driver's door. They look like a positive and ground wire, could this be the issue?

Help is greatly appreciated as I'm using it as an enduro racer at a local speedway and I can't drive around with them flashing.

I think the black wire is from a random cord that ended right behind the rear view mirror and had a plug on it but

there was nothing to plug it into so I yanked it out, however it was doing this before I pulled it out

http://i45.tinypic.com/23js4mq.jpg

that is it^. if you have a remote door locking unit in your car, the clicking comes from this box. if you have lost the remote you can just unplug the big plug on it and it will never flash or click again and your in car lock and unlock buttons still work. i had to do this on a car i sold because it had no remote with it anymore.

if you do have the remote, just lock and unlock the car a few times and it stops.

Archived