LegacyGT.com

Any clearence issues with a front lip?

I Cant Drive 55

My car will be lowered with H-Techs... I wanted to get a front lip, I shouldn't have any major issues right?

Make sure you reteach yourself to park. Being low and having a lip means you will have a much higher chance of running into parking blocks, curbs, driveways, etc.

search for the DIY lip someone did here. sure it's a little ghetto, but it looks ok if you do it right and it won't break if you hit something. I'm running one until I get my STI lip fixed.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I didnt have a problem with my lip in RI. You just have to be a little more careful. Make sure you enter driveways slow and at an angle and instead of worrying about hitting a parking curb, just back into parking spaces. :cool:

Agreed.

I bought my lip used with paint chips due to winter I believe. Ran it like that for a month or so.

Removed it one saturday and sanded it down and bondo'd the chips. Re-sprayed flat-black and re-mounted.

Ran that for a few months until I pulled out of a restaurant onto a road that I couldn't "angle" my way onto, and underestimated the downgrade when entering. Broke the lip in 4 places. Added some fiberglass where it broke, sanded it down, bondo'd, sanded, painted flat back, re-installed.

The lip is very-repairable even if things happen.

Think of it this way, if you do hit something with your lip, the scuffs/cracks on your lip just saved you scuffs on your bumper.

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Disadvantages: requires extra care going in/out of parking lots and driveeways, and requires extra care going into parking spaces, must be removed if/when the car needs towing for any reason.

Advantages:

I'm not sure I'd leave the advantages blank.

Extra care should be a part of driving anyways. The reason US Drivers suck horribly compared to anywhere, Europe, for example, is because no one takes that extra care in the first place.

I just think that the care taken to drive with a lip on is really no different than the care I take to drive my car period.

At my parents house, my car's front bumper would scrape on the curb/bottom of driveway if I backed out straight (and this was before I was lowered and lipped). So I guess I just got used to being careful. In terms of parking pylons etc., one can't always assume that they'll own a car that can pull the front bumper right over them without harm (unless the US continues to move towards everyone owning an SUV). I drive all cars with the same caution.

Advantages:

1) Looks

2) Protects my bumper if I do screw-up or act careless

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

You guys are all little pansies!:lol: I've had my RBS front lip spoiler for over 2 years, and it's still there. I do drive carefully, and crawl over speed bumps and enter driveways slowly and at an angle, but you used to that really quick. I'm also careful when pulling in to parking spots, so that I don't ram the lip into the curb. Having said that, my RBS lip has been one tough mutha! I've literally bounced the car off of a parking curb and it survived with only a minor crack in the paint, but not the fiberglass. I've scraped the underside the entire length of a steep driveway and it was none the worse for wear on all visible sides.

You guys are all little pansies!:lol:

I said that too once until a little thing called snow and ice got mine:rolleyes:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived