LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Compliments

On my way home from work last night I pulled up alongside another 5th gen SWP (2.5i) that was debadged, lowered, tinted, and had aftermarket wheels on it. The tint was so dark I couldn't see inside but within a few seconds the window was down and there were three guys in their early twenties all grinning and thumbs-up. They asked what I'd done to it and I told them to check out 'legacygt.com' and look for my name.

Maybe we'll have a new Panda joining the club ;)

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was going for 30k service to my local subaru dealership. A guy who helped me assist the payment was like: "this is the only lowered legacy that we have. One of the best. We have a lowered outback xt too, sitting on coilovers and barely made his way out of his driveway"

I was like, "oh thanks".

He said again, "liked your legacy"

• 4 weeks later...

Was on the way to get my girlfriend some Subway. I held the door for a mail man that was working and he says to me

"Nice car! It's like a WRX but it's not."

I tell him it's a Legacy GT turbo.

"Didn't even know they made any. It's really nice!" he replies.

• 3 weeks later...

Took my baby in to have a cylinder 4 misfire checked out (just a coil pack, again) this morning. As I was waiting at the counter I overheard two of the technicians talking...

Tech 1: "Did you see the unicorn parked out there?"

Tech 2: "Which one, the ABP (mumble mumble, unintelligible)"

Tech 1: "No, the 2.5GT."

Tech 2: "Oh, yeah... a unicorn, eh?"

Tech 1: "Yeah, we don't hardly ever see any of them around here!"

At this point I caught their eye and started chatting with them for a bit. Always fun when others note the rarity and awesomeness of our cars!

got a nice non verbal compliment today. On my way back to work during lunch I saw a Gorgeous WRB second gen STi (My favorite STi), I've seen him a couple of times and always drool over his car but this must have been the first time he noticed me. I saw his eyes go wide and his head was actually hanging out his window when we passed each other. absolutely made my day:cool:

Walked out the parking lot after dinner to find two kids checking out my car with the cell phone flashlights. I over hear them, "Yea thats pretty sweet man", "Yea I really like it, check out the wheels, and is actually a GT!" So I just said thanks man and they commented on the wheels again and went on their way, always nice to hear others like it

• 2 weeks later...
So I just put my Corazon Hood Scoop on and decided to take the family out to Olive Garden for dinner. Walked out and noticed another Subi decided to park next to me! When I got home, I checked FB and noticed that I was tagged in our local subi FB group! Made me feel good with the sweetness that was thrown my way! Here is a few snap shots of it...

IMG_3479.PNG.8db198b5b1bc3c533dee1434c2a6cefd.PNG

IMG_3481.thumb.PNG.064e40cb6cf6dd10a951b9700d4ae35c.PNG

So I just put my Corazon Hood Scoop on and decided to take the family out to Olive Garden for dinner. Walked out and noticed another Subi decided to park next to me! When I got home, I checked FB and noticed that I was tagged in our local subi FB group! Made me feel good with the sweetness that was thrown my way! Here is a few snap shots of it...

Nice Islandborn...any close up pics of that hood scoop?

Cute chick in a black Genesis Coupe 2.ot walked out of 7-11 and waited for me to come out. Asked me if I had to cut the hood to put the scoop or replaced the hood entirely because my car look really nice with it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I would say thanks, but you did not manage to get her number...soooooo....

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 1 month later...
Work for a Wholesale plumbing, pool, septic supply company. Old war vet who hangs around the location normally in the morning before he went off on his day commented "That's a nice looking car you have, its a Subaru right?"

Last week we had a drip in our outside (Actually in the garage) hose connection.... I saw the neighbor had a plumber working at their house so I asked the young guy if he wanted a small job when he was done. He said "Sure" and came over about an hour later....I opened the garage and he just stood there and stared...Finally said... "Whow.. two matching Legacys in one garage...you guys are so lucky"

He soldered on a new tap for me and after ogling both the Soobies he told me "No charge" and took off to his next job. Mentioned that any Subaru was his dream ride and loved the 5th Gen Legacys.

I had a the tech who did my 60k service say that mine is "one of the most immaculately maintained cars" he's seen in their shop. not much of a compliment when you look at the state of a lot of the vehicles they work on, but hey i'll take it.

Not the GT, but the Fozz....last evening I was coming down my street on the way home and my wife and her sister and daughter were getting in my sister-in-laws car to head out to dinner. After I pulled in the driveway and got out to give my wife a little kiss before she left, she says "Seeing the Forester driving down the street toward me for the first time, I really noticed that it was lowered quite a bit". It always makes me happy when the wife notices things like that.

Not the GT, but the Fozz....last evening I was coming down my street on the way home and my wife and her sister and daughter were getting in my sister-in-laws car to head out to dinner. After I pulled in the driveway and got out to give my wife a little kiss before she left, she says "Seeing the Forester driving down the street toward me for the first time, I really noticed that it was lowered quite a bit". It always makes me happy when the wife notices things like that.

I hate it when the wife notices something. I always have to say ":orly:"

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Was that in an "acceptance/approval" voice?

There was an aire of enjoyment to it, yes

you drive a toaster on wheels?

STFU and go home.

I hate it when the wife notices something. I always have to say ":orly:"

Guess it depends what she's noticing and whether or not you're in trouble.

Got the thumbs up from some older guy in a Porsche 944.

He did a full lane changing loop around me, I'm sure trying to figure out what it is, as it has no markings or labels.

Driving back home from work yesterday was just cruising, got on it a little bit to hear sweet intake/bpv/ebcs noises and ofcourse exhaust note I saw this yellow car about 4-5 cars back but didn't think much of it cause I couldn't tell what it was. End up pulling up to a stop light and it turns out to be an immaculate Evo9, he rolls up really slow, whole upper body out of the car and ends up stalling right next to me haha We chatted for a few seconds and said he's never seen anything like it before and it sounds great, I said thanks and his car was sick too. Started back up, gave eachother some revs and continued back home. I love driving the leggy around haha :]

all these stories want to make me lower my car for it to be more noticeably awesome...

"Don't go changing...to try to please me...."