LegacyGT.com

Discovered Group N LCA Bushing for Legacy

ifbiker

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called to order mine from rallispec. That was a good year ago. They came in about 10 weeks IIRC and are finally installed. NVH is noticeably increased - albeit over the terribly worn originals. But the car actually responds to steering input now. I did ball joints and front LCA bushing (stock replacement) too. I also did tie rod ends but that turned out to be a waste - the original ball joints were fine.

I wanted to DIY it but have not had the time. The install was prompted by a torn inner passenger axle boot. Driver boot was leaking and on its way to failure as well so had them both done. I have only 51K miles. So check your boots - I caught it right away when I just happened to check under the car to make sure a stray bag didn't get stuck and saw the downpipe covered in grease.

I also had the tranny (5EAT) mount replaced. The effect of the cold 1-2 and 2-3 hard shift is nearly gone now. If you see a juicy tranny mount "nut" - I first saw it at 30K miles - replace the mount.

Looking on the website here...http://www.sti.jp/e/competitor/n_parts/2008my/2008my_gr-n_e.pdf

Look at part number 31, is that the Group N bushing part #? (20204ZR010)

Part #31 is described to be the "Bush for posterior end of the front lower arm. Increased rubber hardness and actualized high durability."

Just below it is the number (part n#32) mentioned earlier in the thread that is the pillow mount. (20204ZR020)

I am going to call the dealer today and see what they can do. 10 weeks or more seems a bit long of a wait.

Monk

Living Legacy- Go back a few pages, the contact at rallispec is here somewhere in this thread. I am going to order them myself.

I tried calling them at 609-702-7800 the last three days and no one answers!

I am emailing them today (that's the only contact info I found), does anyone else know where to get the group N bushings otherwise???

Thanks guys!

I phoned the dealer today and gave them the part number for the Group N LCA bushing that we are talking about and they informed me that it was restricted in their system and it would not allow them to order it. He could not even inform me of a price. Just to test it, I had him look up a couple of other numbers and got the same response that they are restricted part numbers.

So, seeing the difficulties with the rallispec communication, I am trying some friends in Japan to see if they can help me by going to Japan Subaru dealers. We'll see...

Monk

^ I actually just got an email from Rallispec:

"

Hi Matt,

We are actually out of the office this week on holidays but will return on Monday and will be sure to give you a call to help you place the order.. However, I can definitely confirm by email the fitment of the GRB bushings part number RST-2027F and RST-2027R to your 2005 Legacy GT. We have had a number of Legacy customers purchase fit these bushings to their cars.

Thanks.

Regards,

Dave

Rallispec"

So I'm hoping that I can place an order on Monday...

Why not just use the Whiteline ones?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

But using the Group N bushings, they aren't stock. So while they look it, they are still illegal for a Stock class Auto-X, right? That's cheating...

Whitelines are poly, but I've never had any problem with poly bushings in the winter. Especially bushings from Whiteline.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

But using the Group N bushings, they aren't stock. So while they look it, they are still illegal for a Stock class Auto-X, right? That's cheating...

Whitelines are poly, but I've never had any problem with poly bushings in the winter. Especially bushings from Whiteline.

I agree with BAC here. I ran my Whiteline LCA Bushings for 3 winters without issue on my LGT. We have customer cars, including soccer moms with grocery getters running the Whiteline LCA Bushings w/o issue. Oh and Whiteline pretty much will warranty the parts for life if you buy them from an Authorized Dealer! Anytime we had an issue with a customer car they replaced them for us w/o issue.

-mike

I had an issue with my KCA399. One of the bores was to small and it seized on the bolt. They shipped me a new set with a brand new set of bolts. They are very good people to work with. I still haven't replaced it, because getting that bolt out is going to be a major PITA.

I can't wait to install my WL catalog! I've got the LCA's (front and rear), the RCK, Steering Rack bushings, and the replacement KCA399 to go in. Probably going to do it when I swap springs in the next few weeks.

The way I see it, is that the stock bushings are so loose that the bump NVH caused by them is greater than or equal to what the whitelines will be. When I installed the KCA399, NVH actually decreased by a noticeable amount.

Yep, the only way to do this right would be straight OE replacements or their equivalents. Even if I went with what the spec B has (a solid bushing very similar to the STI's) it still wouldn't be "legal" for the stock class :rolleyes:.

You could also argue that my clutch (now a single mass flywheel) is also cheating as my car came with the dual mass (same think with the TSK3 kit). I wasn't going to pay an extra $150-$200 when the '07+ GT's have the single mass. If people want to get all butt hurt about something as minor as that too bad. Challenge me and you can get your trophy or t-shirt back :spin:.

Thanks for the feedback on the whitelines, if I ever decide to do my suspension right I'll probably scoop those up.

So are the LCA bushings and an Anti-Lift Kit the same thing, or mutually exclusive?

My rear LCA bushings are torn, so I'd like to replace them. I'm thinking STI (front and rear) after reading this whole thread, but I'm still confused on what the ALK does/where it goes.

The ALK is the same as the rear LCA bushing for our cars.

Living Legacy - It's your morals, not mine.

The ALK is the same as the rear LCA bushing for our cars.

Thanks, so given my 106K mile OEM bushings are ripped, simply installing new STI or Groupe N bushings would help significantly with the lift and dive I'm currently experiencing.

That and replacing my POS struts as well. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Subscribing. I am at 99K miles and not happy with front suspension. Will be replacing front and back bushings , was thinking WL but STI/GroupN sounds interesting.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

was thinking WL but STI/GroupN sounds interesting.

Yes, but they also sounds like they're nearly impossible to source. I guess Imay go the WL route. I didn't want to go poly because of the extra NVH but after reading these reviews I'm less worried.

• 3 months later...
Is the sti bushings poly and I would replace the front since you have the arm off. I also have a '05 lgt 5mt wagon. I replaced my rear LCA bushing with the speed pro poly bushings years ago and now I'm wondering about the other bushings. If you are looking for other bushings let me know I'm a dealer now so I may be able to get a better price.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Is the sti bushings poly and I would replace the front since you have the arm off. I also have a '05 lgt 5mt wagon. I replaced my rear LCA bushing with the speed pro poly bushings years ago and now I'm wondering about the other bushings. If you are looking for other bushings let me know I'm a dealer now so I may be able to get a better price.

I'm definitely doing STI rears, and maybe STI front or OEM LGT front. The STI front should fit as well right? I'm using Subarupartforyou as my benchmark. Thanks!