LegacyGT.com

Legacy Specific ACT Clutch. I WIN!!

sleepin gt

Hehehe. I havent searched, but i think i have the first legacy specific act clutch and flywheel combo. Just came out last week, and ordered it as soon as my supplier had it.

If you need it. I can get it. Act fast though, only a few were made this first run. There are probably about 3 i can get my hands on, but no promises.

Heres what it looks like.

Not sure when ill be able to get it in. Maybe tomorrow night, but its hard to get motivated when your registration has been expired for a month (just figured it out... ouch)

I really want to see if its better than my RS clutch, and weve had nothing but good luck with all of ACT clutches in the past.

Enjoy!

Ian A.

http://www.harmanmotive.com/gallery.html

IMG_3016.JPG.998be12417954ee47cc64166522e7227.JPG

IMG_3017.JPG.188b846e418d3024bb6f0fd346fc7cd1.JPG

IMG_3018.JPG.1c951e18e5624efa192e272e5ec2f616.JPG

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
awesome I think I am subscribing to this one. I am going to need a new clutch setup soon very soon since my turbo just came in from deadbolt. I would just like to know the HP rating and torque rating also. I am hoping to be above 350awhp

does act have different clutch sets for early build 05 LGTs and and later models? i thought there is a difference between the early ones which can use RS-type clutches.

no. people used RS clutches as they fit and there were few (no?) legacy specific options. they're not designed for the LGT, this one is. (05-07 LGT 5spd is the same, engine is the same, should work with any MY)

This is exactly the same as what I did!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ACT kit is an 06 WRX kit, check the part numbers, they are the same!

I didn't use ACT, but everything bolted up just fine for me, so I am certain things will also bolt up fine for you.

The problem I am having is the engagement is too close to the floor (it works, but not perfect)

The only way this will work 100% is if ACT slightly changed the geometry of their set-up to work on both. This would mean a higher engagement point for the 06 rex and a lower engagment point for the LGT, but at least our pedals have some adjusment.

I had to adj my clutch pedal to the max to make my kit work.

While I am fairly certain you will also have to adj your pedal, I hope it will be enough to have engagement at least a couple of inches off the floor.

Keep us updated!

If you want to see pics of my 06 rex set-up go to this thread.

everything looks the same between our clutches... but it all depends on the thickness of the pressure surface. Im hoping mine is thinner and will engage higher up...

You mean the thickness of the actually disc? Or something else?

subscribe. I have a down payment on this package, and need to know if it works. Ian, hurry up and get that badboy installed :D. Let us know how it works out, ya know, full review..PLEASE!!!

Click

Here everyday:redface:

I think I am running this setup too, I'll have to look. It wasn't marketed for the LGT, but It was marketed for a 06 and older wrx. ACT told me it would fit. They did mention that there is different kits for different model years though. Specifically 2 for '05.

LittleBlueGt, how hard is your pedal feel? Is it really stiff, but engagment is right on the floor? Or does it only get stiff near the floor? Also, is yours at all stinky?

I am hoping this is different from the one i have, because I'm not a fan so far.

Edit; Just looked at your part number, and it is different from mine. I'll be eager to see how this unfolds.

What was the cost for the clutch / flywheel? Also, is this a LGT specific flywheel, or is it the one everyone has been using from the rs?

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Great can we unstick the 2 clutch threads now?

I also want a review :munch:

Lets wait for the review. But the one for the Spec Flywhell needs to stay up until we know they are making something. But the other could probably be closed once we have confirmation from Ian.

Click

Here everyday:redface:

I think I am running this setup too, I'll have to look. It wasn't marketed for the LGT, but It was marketed for a 06 and older wrx. ACT told me it would fit. They did mention that there is different kits for different model years though. Specifically 2 for '05.

LittleBlueGt, how hard is your pedal feel? Is it really stiff, but engagment is right on the floor? Or does it only get stiff near the floor? Also, is yours at all stinky?

06 and older wrx doesn't make sense. 05 and older does.

My pedal feels absolutely identical to stock (needle bearings FTW!). I do have alightly better feedback through the pedal, and it fells a lot more powerful then stock (as in will hold more power, with a lot less slip)

Engagement is about 1/2 off the floor, and BullyClutches tells me that it will lift 1/8 inch after full break-in.

Not stinky, no chatter.

Yeah, that sounds completely different than my clutch feel.

!!!How much and when can I get one??!!!

And your probably right about the '05 and older, I cant remember exactly, but I'll take your word for it. I bouthg based on the part number, which I'll post up later.

This setup sounds great, I'm excited to see how it progresses.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

1st: Bottom left, my custom clutch that never worked, above that, my spec clutch, in the middle column: my new act setup, on the right column the 2.5rs clutch setup

Second: New left, 2.5rs Right

Tres: new and old assembled

Quatre: spec pp and stock flywheel (no disk so +5 or so for that)

555: Complete new assembly

666: Fried, black, charcoaly destroyed stock flywheel

7.7: pressure plate side of my spec disk, lookin good...

80: nothing left on the flywheel side of the spec disk

9/69: holes dont line up, dont think the stock flywheel would fit with this new pp

100000: i hate the torq plus bolts from our stock flywheel, that are necessary to bolt the recessed stock flywheel bolts, so i found some old wrx or sti ones laying around.

Too drunk to drive. updates tomorrow!!!!!!!

IMG_3019.JPG.a4b7ecf9f2e728d39dda371bf50db6fb.JPG

IMG_3027.JPG.b45852d05c8dfd5f1599ff199f3aebef.JPG

IMG_3032.JPG.588d605d4a9a2b0aeba246bbb258df94.JPG

IMG_3034.JPG.9671e5b9b19cc35ec6f2a5c171944859.JPG

IMG_3036.JPG.56cd34d47ed6aec84b909fea08c8462e.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG.47d7ecd007db9a74d5e0a3918b9108f7.JPG

IMG_3026.JPG.8a577c5a05560484dc68007983fb429f.JPG

IMG_3025.JPG.b8c08dfac6480919d1a546c0a12618e4.JPG

IMG_3042.JPG.409c441a766ef1a1b47aa3b701e917b5.JPG

IMG_3041.JPG.6e4b208f888d3bee03605bf0e465a9cc.JPG

Archived