LegacyGT.com

GI SLC,UT: RE050A. anyone have 1 extra. Or want my 3

Deadzep

apparently my alignment was off last summer and when swapping my tires, i noticed that one tire is almost bald. so i'm looking to score a half-worn tire to match my other three. i have no idea how to get an accurate measurement on the tread because all i can find are these silly elementary school wooden rulers or measuring tape -- not very accurate for this.

anyways, if i can't find a used one, i might have 3 that i DON'T need. anyone interested? they're about halfway worn, maybe a bit more. what's a good way to measure tire tread instead of "most of abe's forehead is showing"?

• 4 weeks later...

sorry, i lost another tire to my bad alignment. i was going to give the remaining two to h22afast from denver, but he might only need one. so, if it helps you out to only get one, i can see how he feels about that. the tread is down to 1/4.

btw, i ended up getting 235/40/18 potenza 760s. the 235s were actually cheaper than the 215s. $700 total after the $70 rebate. so far, seems like a really nice tire. quiet on the freeway, too. plus a lifetime alignment from firestone for $140

• 3 months later...

Archived