teducci

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
well I just may put the h-techs on my stockers then for now until I buy some koni's later.

Same here but i bought a set of 1/4" spacers to install on top of the rear shocks . I talked to a dozen or more owners with this setup and majority enjoy it two people said one strut wore out faster than the rest but both lived in NJ :lol:

I am however going to keep my old front struts, and ready them for Koni inserts.

do you you guys think i would be ok with H&r drop with 18x8 +48 235/40 tire?? or milder drop like ralitek?

i will let you know at the end of the month when i get that wheel and tire size installed. currently running h&r with konis. from all of the research i have done, you should be fine, may have to remove rear rubber fender guards to avoid rubbing.

Seeing a lot of reviews on Epic and Tien springs. Anyone have any insight on H&R springs? Looking to pair them with Konis, and would appreciate any insight.

i personally like this combo, takes a little time to dial in the konis to match the springs, but once you find that sweet spot then everything feels great. ride quality is definitely stiffer and less forgiving than stock, stiffer than epics but softer than ions. so if you want to retain the comfort of the stock springs then these aren't the best option, but i daily drive them and i have no issue with them in terms of comfort. very little dive and squat, helps with body roll a bit. highly suggest a whiteline roll center kit too.

with my snows right now in 205 45 17 (same overall diameter as 225 40 18) i have about 1.5 finger gap up front and barely 1 finger at the back. the 235 40 18's im putting on will decrease the gap by an additional 4mm, but i am considering using saggy butt spacers for the rear to even it out visually and keep a little bit of gap. overall with this tire size the gap is a little too small for me, but when i was running 225 45 17's the gap seemed pretty natural looking. i'll put some pics up once i pick up the wheels.

Edited by waxon_waxoff

I've run 235/40/18 for years. It all depends on your rim width and offset. at a +48 you might rub the rear liners but it also would depend on tire maker as some tires are wider then others even though the sizes are the same. I run 235/40's on a +51 offset rim and have no rubbing at all.

cool. also keep in mind the h&r's drop almost an extra half inch compared to h-techs, not sure how much this would increase the chance of rubbing. i'm a little worried because i'm mounting fk453's which have a fairly wide section width (something like 9.8 inches), but from what i have read if you stay under around 10 inches section width with an 18x8 +48 then you should be fine. what tires are you running now so i can compare section width?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anybody have the part numbers for the eibach pro kit for the 05-09 lgt. All I can find online is 2010-2012 lgt's and various wrx years. Thanks

part # EIB1 7716.140

Though I believe your only options are the private for sale listings, ebay, or getting EE springs.

I have a set of Cobb springs I am gonna slap on my 09, but I have 17x7 inch wheels with a offset of +38. Am I gonna rub with that wheel size?

Thanks

An offset of +38 will give you more room than stock wheels as I believe stock is +54

How come only private sales or eBay? They don't make the kit for 05-09 legacy? EE is Epic Engineering right? Are those most like the pro kit?

From what I've read, the EE (Epic Engineering) springs are rebranded Eibach pro kit springs with very minor tweaks.

An offset of +38 will give you more room than stock wheels as I believe stock is +54

Thanks, I guess I should say that the tires are 205 50 17s. Would it be better to go with a smaller wall, for example 45's? Looks like my front rims stick out far with the offset of +38.

• 2 weeks later...
i will let you know at the end of the month when i get that wheel and tire size installed. currently running h&r with konis. from all of the research i have done, you should be fine, may have to remove rear rubber fender guards to avoid rubbing.

fyi - took forever to get these in. i can confirm what many have said, 235 40 18 is just fine on 18x8 +48. even with the extra bit of drop from the h&r's. ride quality is really great with this tire size and they look really nice and square with the rim. i took the rubber liner off as well, but probably didn't have to. looks better imo with it off anyhow.