LegacyGT.com

2013 Subaru WRX and WRX STI Special Editions

The B4

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/30/subaru-wrx-and-wrx-sti-special-editions-hit-sema-just-in-time-fo/

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2012/10/2013-subaru-special-editions-628.jpg

http://cdn4.leftlanenews.com/photos/content/october2012/thumbnailsnew/2013-wrx-sti-SEMA-8_1035.jpg

http://stwot.motortrend.com/files/2012/10/2013-Subaru-WRX-STI-Special-Edition-interior-floormat-1024x640.jpg

2013 SUBARU WRX AND WRX STI SPECIAL EDITIONS DEBUT AT SEMA SHOW

• Subaru launches new "Orange and Black" Special Editions

• Limited run of just 300 vehicles

Las Vegas - Subaru of America, Inc. reveals 2013 Subaru WRX and WRX STI Special Editions at the 2013 SEMA Show. The new models are in keeping with a long tradition of customized Subaru SEMA show cars -- and just in time for Halloween. The Special Edition WRX and WRX STI models feature an "Orange and Black" custom paint scheme, with Tangerine Orange paint off-set with jet black custom wheels, black front fender badging and exterior mirrors. The Special Editions cars also receive black exterior graphics.

The Special Edition line-up is limited to just 200 WRX sedans and 100 WRX STI sedans. For a true custom look, the WRX Special Edition features the dark interior trim from the WRX STI, including a black headliner. The Special Edition orange interior is also applied to the stitching on the seats, doors and shift boot, and custom orange trimmed floor mats. The WRX STI also features front fog lamps.

On sale in spring of 2013, the Special Editions spice-up an already potent line up of AWD sports cars. Featuring Subaru BOXER engines, the WRX and WRX STI models develop 265hp and 305hp respectively. Delivering massive bang for the buck, the 2013 WRX Special Edition produces 244 lb.-ft. of peak torque at 4,000 rpm and running through its standard Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive. The 2013 WRX STI Special Edition delivers a rally-inspired driving experience with its 305-horsepower turbocharged BOXER engine, six-speed manual transmission and exclusive Multi-Mode Driver Controlled Center Differential (DCCD) version of Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive. The WRX STI is also equipped with Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-DRIVE) and a Multi-Mode Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) system, the latter featuring a track performance-optimized mode.

Please contact your local dealer for further information.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As an ex owner of a 2011 all I can say is polishing a turd, lol.

Lame last ditch attempt to reinvigorate the 3G platform.:wub:

The current gen WRX and STI have been in short supply since 2011. It's not like Subaru is having a problem selling them. They tend to do special editions from time to time. 07 STI had the STI Limited, 2010 had a special edition as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope, I bet people aren't ordering Scion FR-Ss in "Hot Lava" in numbers expected and they have overstock of that paint.

http://www.fr-ss.com/images/HotLava.jpg

That would have been a much better color for the WRX in my opinion. The Crosstrek orange just isn't cutting it for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My question is when is the new body style going to be coming out? They updated the forester. The base Impreza is updated but the WRX and STi are still not.

I think what i had read was that the new wrx/sti was going to be a different body than the Impreza. It will no longer be an impreza WRX sti, just wrx sti. 2014 is the model year so i assume some time by next summer.

The current gen WRX and STI have been in short supply since 2011. It's not like Subaru is having a problem selling them. They tend to do special editions from time to time. 07 STI had the STI Limited, 2010 had a special edition as well.

I know they are/have been in short supply. I ordered mine 4 weeks before the earthquakes and mine made it out on the boat two days before then.

I am not bashing them just stating that Subaru is doing their usual image boost on an end of line model.

I think what i had read was that the new wrx/sti was going to be a different body than the Impreza. It will no longer be an impreza WRX sti, just wrx sti. 2014 is the model year so i assume some time by next summer.

WRX and STI will no longer be badged Impreza, rather their own model line.

not a huge fan of orange on any car, but it looks like this particular orange looks better than those other examples, like the mazda protege and brz/fr-s mentioned earlier

its more of a flat orange than a shiny orange, which is very ugly imo.

Archived