LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

So I come in to work this morning and I run into a coworker, and the first thing he says is "is something wrong with your car? Do you need a new muffler?"

FML!

I love the sound, man, but now I'm going to go around asking other people what they think. Last thing I want is to sound like the Civic riceboys that we all make fun of. It shouldn't take an "initiated" person to be able to enjoy the sound. And maybe my wife is right, Legacies are too elegant and subdued for this kind of stuff. Maybe I need to get some baller rims and drop her a couple inches. And get some Japanese writing on it. Yeah, that'll do it.

OR, maybe he was just focused on the fact that it was loud.

you dont need rims....stockers FTW

but you need Bright Takata Green Japanese Kanji down the side of the car.....just make sure the drivers side is backwards and all....gotta go full out right?

-Travis

Rob (rao) you're a fine gentleman, thanks I guess.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dunno what he said either. I think Jus2stupid4mylgt needs to get with the program and realize everyone thinks he is a moron.

okay man i wont start dissin, mainly because i treid this mod of urs...n by the way i like it & i plan to keep it, oh and their is a difference between being a moron and being a noob, okay well maybe i am a moron to sum extent...but nun the less i am a noob check the time i subscribed to this website...n by the way this is what i was tryn to do!:munch: lmao (luv it)

well thanx for the mod post ,,:woowoo: i luv it, i think it brings out the noise subaru is known for...reminds me of my 02 wrx which had a full 5zigen catback.....(i know its no catback and doesnt match, which is why i said it reminds me..before i get called a moron) woowoooo

I'm just gonna leave my exhaust stock. The guy that bought my Jeep TJ has an '03 WRX wagon and he picked up an Accessport, intake and aftermarket exhaust (Forget which). He wanted to show me his car and took me for a spin. It sounded OK, but was pretty loud, I can see how it would get annoying quickly, especially on the highway. Anyways, our neighbor my wife's friend was over and they were talking; when the guy left with his WRX, neighbor girl commented "What is he, 17?". Gotta admit, I laughed. I'm 38 and WRX guy's around 40 as well.

IMO, if it's not a V8, it's best left quiet. Some of the ricers that run around town, I'm actually embarrassed for them when I hear their cars. More embarrassed that they don't realize it sounds like shit, really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I put three thick washer on each bolt two days ago just cause I had them lying around. Sounds surprisingly good will no significant effect on gas mileage. I was thinking about gutting the cats in the dp on my 06. Does anyone have this done with this exhaust mod? Is is significantly louder?

I had gutted all 3 cats in my 06. No real difference in loudness. they aren't meant to muffler sound, and really, they don't.

You will, however, notice significantly better topend power. By all means, GUT THEM!!!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

I live in California and emissions is pain in the ass sometimes. Is there any way I'll be able to pass an emissions test with the cats gutted? And if I do gut the cats do I need to retune? How much is it to get retuned?

snick, welcome, but do a search on these boards. You won't pass emissions with gutted pipes so I think you're looking at buying aftermarket pipes with high flow cat converters (Cobb, Invidia, Perrin, etc). You will need to tune regardless to take advantage of having the cats gutted. There are a lot of different ways to tackle this one. You could by an AccessPort and go with a pre-loaded tune, or you could get an e-tune or even pro-tune. Or, you could go open-source for cheaper and have someone on these boards set you up with an e-tune. If anything i wrote doesn't make sense, again, search the boards, it's all been covered.

yup, my buddy's got a stock '08 and he did it... sounds great. real throatty.

any sound clips? my brother has an 05 wrx and i was thinking about doing this mod on his car without telling him :lol: are the exhausts setup the same on the 05 and 08? the closest flange to the muffler is over the axle so i was worried it would just sound like an exhaust leak.

thanks for the reply,

-Luke

So, I just did it. Had to cut the half of the bolt with the dremel (no buffer) to remove them.

I tried directly Stage II.

I had 3 fears :

1) Be too loud

2) Sound wierd (really like an exhaust leak)

3) Hate my long road (since it's too loud).

1) It's not. Really a mellow sound. You can hear it at idle and low RPM, if you FLOOR it, it's not loud (seem's that almost all air go into the exhaust) and on crusing a 120kmh (~70mph), I almost don't hear it (just ok!)

2) Well, from inside, it don't sound like an exaust leak !

3) Anwser is on 1.

So, don't wait anymore, just do it ! :D

Wow, I skimmed the whole thread and I will be tired at work tomorrow. Will do this to my 2009 Legacy after the first freebie oil change at the dealer.

Quick question, will this sound as good on a 2.5 as it will on an LGT?

I don't think it will sound good on N/A engine.

N/A engine have a more high note tone, so that will sound more like a civic with an exaust leak.

I didn't try it, just guess.