LegacyGT.com

The "Official" Wichita, KS Thread

JohnnyGT08

Everyone from Wichita and surrounding areas, chime in!

Where are you, what do you drive, etc.

I'm also thinking about planning a mini-meet if I can track down enough people.

~J

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live on the west side of wichita . I have one of the most powerful lgts in the united states and the documented fastest lgt at 12.0@119 . You can come and join alot of us on ksautoforum.com . BTW , my name is trent . I am up for a meet . Preferably on the west side of town . I am more than willing to donate the use of my house for the meet .

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/11/32117310869.jpg

hello hello... 07 gt limited swp here. im slow i have an auto but she looks good being slow lol! i've got a few mods nothing major. im down for a get together, if you want i think we could get more people from the ksauto site (a mod there myself), if you dont mind a bunch of other makes and models along with the legacy's and such. we're pretty subaru strong over there lol!

dinner hang outs seem to go pretty well for us... we've done some pictures after a couple times. we did do a few meets and well lets just say some bad things ended up happening. someone both times ended up wrecking their cars... soooo a full on meet meet might not go too well. but the food meetings do real well lol.

id say its pretty well up to you, but like i said if you'd like to have the rest of the ksauto folks come then im sure a lot would like to. just join up and make a thread, we're all pretty laid back there. :)

Ah the classic comedic device "auto enthusiast meet ending in car wreck"

In the couple of meets I've been to I've never had that one happen.

Anyways I'm on the east side and drive what's probably the only Red Outback XT in all of Kansas. So if you see me you'll know it especially if the car has Colorado plates.

I'd be up for pretty much whatever and my schedule is wide open typically as long as it's not on a long weekend.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

scoobysti you should join up on the site too :)

oh and yea i dunno what the hell happened. i've been too a good few meets as well all that went well then the last two real meets we had an s2k driver that thought he was hot stuff ended up putting a car in some trees of a park, then we had a few people race which ended in one person in a head on collision soooooo it'll be a while im sure before we do another meet meet.

Wednesday nights have turned into my night out other than weekends. Me and a few other guys usually meet up at Old Chicago East, have some Guinness, and bullshit for a few hours.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whatz up I would like to kick it with someone else who owns a lgt like me. These cars are great! If you guys ever pull something together I would be intrested. Just have to line up babysitter. Only free on weekends, wife makes me work during week.

bobz... hit up the ksautoforum.com as well as kcsubaru.com (since you're closer to kc lol) both of those should get you a little more legacy lovin :D

also there is talk of a meet in kc here in april... status isnt set in stone yet... but we'll be sure to post it up :D

HA! Middle of Butler County.

About 20 miles southeast.

Another ?

How much do you know about the suspension on our cars?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reason I ask, I bounced off a curb last night trying not to get hit, pretty sure the front suspension on the drivers side is Bent. Not good.

Good luck with the classes, I need to get back myself. But my schedule is too screwy right now to even think about it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ah... i took a ice slide to a curb a year ago... you'll prolly have either one of two things wrong...

bent lower control arm or a bent tie rod... tie rod is supposed to bend first... although that was fine on mine and i bent the lower control arm in its weakest point.

it wont be exactly cheap, obviously you'll need an alighnment as well. i think i ended up with a bill totalling like 300ish with the part, alignment, and labor from subaru. i would suggest not letting them take it to Mitas, they suck ass... i'd just go get an alignment on your own or somewhere else. they didnt get mine right and subaru didnt do shit to help me get back in there said its with them (even though they took the car there to start with, which should fall on them).

you might be off a little worse then me though, i was still drivable.. just couldnt go over about 40mph before the car got the shakes.

The car drove ok, but shook over 40.

Roadside is free, and I figured if I could get aways without driving it the 30 miles to the dealership, I may as well.

Right now, it's at Brandon Steven Subaru. They had to overnight a new wheel, mine wasn't repairable. They'll have it in on Monday, and then they can fully assess the suspension problems.

In the meantime, I've got an 08 forester. Ugly as hell, but it'll get me from point A to B.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived