LegacyGT.com

Cusco rear power brace?

legacy95

I have a little dilemma. I have a 2005 Lgt wagon with tokico/swifts, whiteline front/rear with kartboy links. I had a front tower bar laying around from my past wagon so I put it on the other day and it definately made a difference but now the rear seems more sloppy. I was looking into an underside bar as linked below.

For the dilemma I have the rear avo sway bar brackets installed and I will have to remove those in order to bolt up this rear underside power brace. Has anyone ran this? Will it be worth it? I have an fms catback and im unsure if it will clear the brace. It clears my whiteline sway by half an inch.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/cusco-power-brace-floor-rear-subaru-legacy-55398

Are you talking about part E in that diagram? I certainly wouldn't remove the sway bar brackets for that piece. The WL rear links did seem to firm up the rear suspension pretty well in my experience though.

If I were to get any brace in the rear it would be the ones that tie the lower link mounting points together.

Yeah, Cusco also makes a set of lower arm bars like the AVOs. I have them and noticed a very slight improvement, although I had already stiffened up the rest of the car which probably increases the effectiveness of the lower arm bars.

I had purchased the lower rear power brace as a test-fit for sedans. Unfortunately we do not have the two inboard mounting locations so the part is unusable to me. I would be willing to sell it for $160 (in my pocket) and it is in like-new condition. I am not too far from you, so we could meet up if you are interested. Let me know.

How do you not have the two inboard mounting locations? Arent the mounting points the cradle bolts where you would bolt the avo sway bar brackets up into? Im only going by the picture.

WHere are you located?

The mounting points you mention are the outboard mounting points. There are two more mounting locations obscured by the Y-pipe in the manufacturers picture.

I am located near Chelmsford, MA.

Archived