LegacyGT.com

Manchester area: Looking for an update on service opinions and experiences

Gator GT

I bought my car at Milford, but am wholly unimpressed with their service dept, more so with their "top tech" (who owns an STI and tries to talk over your head with mumbo jumbo and is two faced).

And I STILL haven't gotten the correct shift boot from them (supposed to be replaced under warranty after cracking from the cold winter months after 7k miles....cheap imitation leather)....I'm at 12k now....hmmm, parts dept is lacking too.

Anywho, I'm closer to Manchester than Milfraud (sales really pulled through for me...but the rest lack severely).

I've searched for service department opinions and experiences and am only seeing the Boston and MA areas for recent threads.

I think I've got a bum LH FR wheel bearing already (annoying rotational squeal that is wheel speed dependent and I've already checked the brake dust sheild to make sure it is not rubbing on rotor). Not to mention I think my rear diff side retainer oil seal is going too....but thats something I can do and the seal is cheap. If I don't need to go to a dealership, I won't. But WB job is $$$ and at 12k miles, just isn't right.

I have springs, rear sway, steering bushings and cusco rear LAB (exhaust too)....so I'm looking for a service dept that is going to be somewhat mod friendly. I do NO auto-X or track or street racing.

Suggestions anyone? Is Manchester up to par? How about their Saturday crew? Concord? Exeter, while not too far, is a bit of a haul for service during the week.

Thanks!

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I have only gone to Exeter Subaru and have had absolutely positive service experiences there on my 2004 WRX and wife's 2005 LGT. I bought there so I get a very nice perk of free loaner while servicing. However the waiting room is really good there as they offer WIFI so I can work (100% telecommute job). That may work for you. They even offer two laptops for you to surf the internet.

I cannot say enough good things at least on the service end. Sales end looks like they changed sales managers so I really have no idea.

I have only gone to Exeter Subaru and have had absolutely positive service experiences there on my 2004 WRX and wife's 2005 LGT. I bought there so I get a very nice perk of free loaner while servicing. However the waiting room is really good there as they offer WIFI so I can work (100% telecommute job). That may work for you. They even offer two laptops for you to surf the internet.

I cannot say enough good things at least on the service end. Sales end looks like they changed sales managers so I really have no idea.

+1!

They changed sales managers? Is Jay gone?

I have always had good luck with Nashua Subaru in Hudson. Even though my LGT was bought from Ira in Danvers, Nashua does all the maintenance, along with some warrantee repairs.

+1!

They changed sales managers? Is Jay gone?

I bought from someone else and I believe Jay took over after but may be mistaken. Nevertheless I never saw them in person as I bought both cars over the phone securing with a credit card.

Hey guys, thanks for the advice...and "F"audi for your communication.

Jeff (service manager), Todd (tech who did a ride along) and Mike ("F"audi) were great to deal with. Very down to earth and refreshing to deal with. (* not sure if Chris worked on it, but if he did, props to him too*)

So far so good with the car. They took the time to explain what they found, what they did and actually LISTEN to what you have to say. Shout out for April (IIRC, the service writer....very patient in the AM).

If you're not trying to BS them, they're going to listen to you.

They said there IS a reflash for 07, and applied it...and they didn't just unplug the battery, as my radio presets and gauge peak value were all still there and the car pulled pretty well...obviously more seat time is needed :p for conclusive results to be made (ie: through more than 1 environment and driving condition, in all seriousness).

After they called me, I showed up earlier than they thought and they hadn't finished the paperwork yet and since I owed nothing (all came under warranty: bearing, oil seal and reflash) Jeff was going to mail my paperwork to me.

They complimented me on a nice car, I thanked them and out the door I went.

Jeff even covered 75% of my loaner (since their customers hadn't brought theirs back yet) and all I had was a $10 remainder and $10 for gas (fricken Nissan Titan rental :rolleyes: from enterprise). Hey, this is a perk since I didn't buy the car from them.

so, as of now, if I need anymore service work that is beyond my available time and/or resources, Manch is getting it.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

• 4 months later...
Thanks for the kind words Matt. Please let us know if we can do anything for you in the future.

Wait, there's a flash for the '07s? Does it eliminate the stutter? I'd rather not buy an accessport until I'm out of warranty.

Oh, and I think you guys do good work, I've bought my last two Subies from you guys (2005 STi in black with gold wheels, then traded in on my 2007 Spec B a bit over a year ago).

What is the general thoughts on mods down there? It seems like you guys are fairly friendly to them? Would an Accessport raise any redflags if it were some sort of other issue I were bringing it in for?

Since I live in Concord, I usually take my car to Ed Reilly for oil changes and such (made the mistake of taking my STi there repeatedly for the rear strut replacement issue, but don't get me started on that), and I get the feeling they'd deny my warranty claim if they even sniffed that I had done any mods apart from my front chin spoiler and little trunk lip.

tl;dr: I approve of Manchester, NH subaru :)

There is an ECU update for some 07 Legacy Gts for a "hesitation" at 3K-4K rpm. If you have some time swing by and we will hook it up to see if there is any reflashes available for your SpecB.

Thanks, I will let the sales Dept know they have another happy customer!

We are about as mod friendly as a dealership can get, as long as the modified part did not cause the problem we will certainly fix it under warranty.

Cobb AP is never a problem here :)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Mike

One more actually! :) When I bought my car through you guys, there was a 'Subaru Dollars' thing that I got with it, like $300 worth. Do you know if I can order stuff from subaruproparts.com and pay using those? I think you can, but I'd like to be sure first. :)

Also, for the ECU update, should I make an appointment or just come in and ask for you? :)

No problem at all! I actually run the website.

Just select mail in payment as your method of payment, and mail them to us if you want the order shipped to you in Concord, or just select in store pick up along with the mail in payment option if you would rather pick the order up. Whatever works best for you, just let me know.

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...

:whore: for Manchester Subaru. I just bought my 08 Legacy 5spd from Steve on 1/26. I started at Nashua Subaru where they claim to be "a family dealership."

What a joke that was! The sales manager told me he could find me a black or silver 5 spd as there were none in New England but he really didnt want my trade. But he was "doing me a favor" taking it off my hands. Then they tell me it will be potentially 6 - 8 weeks before one is even in New England.

My wife and I decided to go to Manchester Subaru. The level of service I got from Steve in sales was exceptional. He found us the car we wanted. We nailed the deal down on a Tuesday, the car was coming in from the port on Thursday and we were going to take care of everything on Saturday.

The car did not get onto the lot until Saturday morning. The service guys had the options installed on the car and it was still ready by noon time!!!

There is no doubt we will be taking the car up to Manchester for all service based on this experience. So I am sure I will see you there at some point. Let Steve know Josh and Katie are happy with everything!

Archived