LegacyGT.com

Any experience with these?

Well, I don't have any direct experience with the Depo-made lights for Subaru's, but if they're anything like the headlights they make for the BMW's i'd stay far away.

They make "Euro" projector headlights for the E36 and compared to the OEM brands for BMW headlights (ZKW, Bosch) they are WAY inferior. The plastic used is really cheap and easy to break and if you're doing any kind of custom work to the headlights (xenon retrofit, etc.) it's almost guaranteed the tabs will break. They're cheap for a reason. I've been looking into headlights to do some retrifitting to for my LGT and have heard good things about the lights made by TYC. If I can't find a set of OEM headlights, i'll probably get the ones from TYC. Just my .02 cents...

Well, I don't have any direct experience with the Depo-made lights for Subaru's, but if they're anything like the headlights they make for the BMW's i'd stay far away.

They make "Euro" projector headlights for the E36 and compared to the OEM brands for BMW headlights (ZKW, Bosch) they are WAY inferior. The plastic used is really cheap and easy to break and if you're doing any kind of custom work to the headlights (xenon retrofit, etc.) it's almost guaranteed the tabs will break. They're cheap for a reason. I've been looking into headlights to do some retrifitting to for my LGT and have heard good things about the lights made by TYC. If I can't find a set of OEM headlights, i'll probably get the ones from TYC. Just my .02 cents...

Good info to know! Thats a good thing i didn't buy them. I guess ill have to do my own blacked-out headlights, Thanks

Stay away, they are very cheap built quality. Anything from ebay is no good in my book.

What about OEM headlights from ebay? not black or clear if you know what I'm talking about, are they still made cheaply?

What about OEM headlights from ebay? not black or clear if you know what I'm talking about, are they still made cheaply?

eBay is unrelated to the manufacturer of the products they sell. it's merely an auction service. You can get cheap garbage off ebay or you can get high quality stuff, it just depends on how good you are at sleuthing those kinds of things out.

Don't buy the housing "may" look good but I highly doubt the lens is of any quality at all. Maybe buy then to put in while you mod your stockers? That's all the use in my books.

There is so much misinformation in this thread combined with fact.

DEPO LIGHTS ARE SOLID QUALITY OEM REPLACEMENTS but are not as good as OEM.

Depo lights are not great for modding. The plastic does not like to be heat cycled, BUT IS FINE FOR DD!

DEPO LIGHTS HAVE GOOD LENSES

As good as the crappy OEM lenses anyhow.

I know. Ive got sets of DEPO for several different cars including my LGT.

ebay is unrelated to the manufacturer of the products they sell. It's merely an auction service. You can get cheap garbage off ebay or you can get high quality stuff, it just depends on how good you are at sleuthing those kinds of things out.

+1

Archived