LegacyGT.com

Factory remote start

So I have a subaru remote starter that was installed by the dealer via a previous owner, does anyone know if there are user programmable options?

I don't like the fact that it turns the DRL's and parking lights on before and while the car is starting. I'd rather the lights come on after the car has started, which I think would benefit cold cranking in 0 degree temps. Anyone know?

09' legacy se

I bought one for my mom's Forester and was going to install it myself until I realized it would be $80 for the dealer to program it, I just let them do the entire install for $150...

I read through the installation instructions however, and it doesn't seem there are any options to change settings such as that. It's probably something in the hardware that opens that circuit when the starter is activated.....

as far as the parking brake trick... it's not that the drl are coming on, it actually activates the parking lights (which in turn activate your drl) as a safety measure/ notification so you can know that the car has actually started....

• 1 year later...

Archived