LegacyGT.com

What does the SI Drive do that the Cobb Accessport can't?

B-Rad

I have been searching for a Legacy GT 2008 Spec B or a GT with SI Drive but they are hard to find. So alternatively I was wondering if a Cobb Accessport on a GT will do the same thing as the SI Drive option? I am new to these cars and am trying to learn all I can. Thanks in advance for any information.

Howdy sir!

I love my spec.B but you are right they are hard to find.

The Cobb AP will not do the same thing, kind of.

SI Drive has 3 modes, I(intelligent) S(sport) and S#(sport sharp)

They adjust your max power and throttle response. I mode you hit around 10 PSI max and the throttle response is very mellow. This mode is almost like you have a NA motor.

S give you full boost and a more responsive throttle, I dont know for certain but I feel like the car is still not at full power in this mode. Might be due the the throttle response.

S# is going to give you full power, very responsive throttle and the most fun.

Now to get to the Cobb AP, you dont have SI type options. BUT you do have Valet mode, gas saver modes and I think maybe another mode.(Cobbs website has full details of each of these.) Valet mode only lets the car rev so high and have so much power. Gas save mode is in the middle of a OTS tune and the valet mode. So they are kind of like the SI drive however not quite the same.

Id say if you can find a specB get it. The different modes are fun, but I personally only use I mode or S#. However they give the car a way different feel which can be fun. Would I base my purchase solely on the SI drive? no. Also I think all the 5th Gens and above have the SI drive standard now.

Hope this helps! Good luck on the search.

First, you need to have a complete understanding of what SI drive does:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/si-drive-and-tuning-170223.html

Or to sum it up: it's 3 different maps for pedal to dbw response. It doesn't actually change boost levels other than as a response to the more aggressive throttle mapping. A DBW controller on a non-SpecB turbo legacy would do the same thing.

First, you need to have a complete understanding of what SI drive does:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/si-drive-and-tuning-170223.html

Or to sum it up: it's 3 different maps for pedal to dbw response. It doesn't actually change boost levels other than as a response to the more aggressive throttle mapping. A DBW controller on a non-SpecB turbo legacy would do the same thing.

Well said

Archived