LegacyGT.com

all right...maybe its the wheel?

so i had my wheels balanced a couple days ago to see if it would correct a vibration i have been having.

while i think it MAY have correct the vibration which only occurred over 60mph, i seem to be having another unrelated one.

specifically i am getting feedback on the steering wheel from the front left wheel.

i don't know if its a brake caliper, or the abs or the axle, control arm or whatever else could be causing it.

i have a feeling it might be the braking system or wheel since the problem doesn't happen immediately, i have to have been driving for a short time before the vibration begins and its more like a thump like there is a specific area out of place.

i haven't ruled out a control arm or axle or something of that nature since ive noticed those tend to wear quickly on the front end. lots of miles on this

also not sure if the wheel itself could be doing that, since i did have the wheels rotated.

unfortunately i dont really have the ability to visually examine the underside of the car itself. should i take it in for inspection?

Yeah your screen name gives off a mental picture or two...especially when you can't figure out where a certain vibration is... :), are your tires in pretty good shape maybe a lump or a cup in one, they can give off a vibration like an unbalanced tire, alignment could be out of toe as well...

Archived