LegacyGT.com

Garmin ecoRoute™ HD Users?

danbart

Any Garmin ecoRoute™ HD users out there?

Looks like a pretty cool gizmo and the price has dropped to a reasonable level ($70 on Amazon).

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-ecoRoute-Vehicle-Diagnostics-Communicator/dp/B00313JWSO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1292563665&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Garmin ecoRoute HD Vehicle Diagnostics Communicator: Automotive[/ame]

It's basically an OBD II reader that send info to your Garmin 1xxx GPS via Blue Tooth.

ecoRouteGauges.jpg.d5a2f738992bfe4cd380a049ca1e2936.jpg

ecoRouteHD_440x330-300x224.jpg.36c47ac7c025b7174c534488fd639fac.jpg

i'm just looking for a device that will show engine criteria... temp's etc.. on a small screen

DashHawh is cheaper, but CobbTuning offers an Accessport as well, seems to tick all Your boxes except the price probably :)

http://cobbtuning.com/info/?id=4866

Tempted to buy Garmin Ecoroute myself since have already compatible navi mounted in dash

Pics of the Garmin mounted in the dash?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I've tried one on my car and it was a little flaky. I've got a Nuvi 1390. The main thing I noticed was that it seemed a little laggy, only updated every 2-3 seconds, with bigger gaps sometimes.

That said, it many respects its completely awesome. It has a full OBD-II code reader, so at $70 its less than most readers. On the LGT it will show boost pressure, but the lag makes it not so useful.

If you've got a compatible GPS, its way less costly than an accessport or dashhawk.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I just got an EcoRoute HD for Christmas. The new software seems to have resolved most of the issues. It updates at 2-3 times/second, so its reasonably fast.

You can get access to the following gauges:

Engine Load, Manifold Pressure, Battery Voltage, Intake Air Temp, Mass Air Flow, Coolant Temp, Timing Advance, RPM, Speed, Throttle Position

It seems to work pretty well. It can pull codes if you get a CEL.

• 9 months later...

I got an ecoroute to go with my 1490t in march 11. On the second one now, and it still keeps losing connection, gauges drop to zero, or it doesnt connect on startup. Attempts to get a software update for it give "Access denied" on the web updater, and support do not respond to calls for help......

jp 08 gtb 6mt wagon

I got an ecoroute to go with my 1490t in march 11. On the second one now, and it still keeps losing connection, gauges drop to zero, or it doesnt connect on startup. Attempts to get a software update for it give "Access denied" on the web updater, and support do not respond to calls for help......

jp 08 gtb 6mt wagon

Mine loses connection if you turn the engine off, but leave the key in Position I so that the GPS remains powered. Basically, if you turn the car off but want to keep listening to the radio.

Archived