LegacyGT.com

Redline shift boots?

1-3-2-4

I know someone here must of ordered from them before I need to replace my e-brake leather and looking to do the shift boot as well.

it's hard to order without seeing it in person I'm stuck between regular leather and Napa leather and a distance third Alcantara.

I was not happy at all with mine. I did a 6speed swap in a WRX. The shift boot didn't fit great on the shift lever. The velcro at the base of the shift knob was not sewn on well and overlapped the leather. Where it attached to the center console it needed to be glued to hold tight and was sloppily sewn.

Sad part is I've heard great reviews of their stock replacement boots. However, their custom boot I ordered was a big disappointment.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

You are looking at redlinegoods replacement shift boots, correct? I had one in my old WRX (actually had three - the shift boot, armrest cover, and e-brake boot) and they were all great. Did the same in my Legacy (didn't do anything fancy - black with a black perforated center section and silver stitching to match the seats) - looked great and fit perfectly. No Velcro on the 02 WRX or '10-12 LGT shift boots, so I can't comment on that, though.

Pic of the boot in my car (3 years old - still looks like new)

Capture.thumb.JPG.a452ec44a5908908d716db467d8f237a.JPG

they have instructions on their website with pics - looks like it's glued to a ring that locks it in place - you need to remove the old one from the ring, glue on the new one, then reinstall.

Archived