LegacyGT.com

How to Improve 2007 spec.B suspension?

SLLSubaru

I like my 2007 spec.B—I had a 2006 spec.B and enjoy the improvements—but find the car rolls too much. I'd like to improve roadholding and handling, but don't want a brutal ride and do want to keep the ground clearance. I'm thinking of pink springs (JDM). Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

I haven't started modding my spec's suspension yet, so take this with a grain of salt. However.. From what I've read here and seen on other LGTs, the pinks are a little on the rougher side and kinda low. I'm planning on the RalliTek springs as the drop is on the conservative side and many people have said they preserve a lot of the good ride.

To reduce roll, I'm looking at the RalliTek sways also. Again, because they look to be on the conservative side; providing a noticeable improvement without going overboard and ruining the ride.

But I think you should read the reviews in this forum and see what you can glean from them.

I would go with a 22mm front and rear bar and rallitek springs. I have rallitek springs and koni struts and had the rallitek bars and I sold the rear bar and replaced it with a 25mm perrin and the front is the next to go and I will swap in the 25mm front as well but I dont mind the stiffer suspension. The rallitek springs and bars are a big improvement over stock but a 22mm rear would be even better then the 19mm rallitek offers.

I would go with a 22mm front and rear bar and rallitek springs. I have rallitek springs and koni struts and had the rallitek bars and I sold the rear bar and replaced it with a 25mm perrin and the front is the next to go and I will swap in the 25mm front as well but I dont mind the stiffer suspension. The rallitek springs and bars are a big improvement over stock but a 22mm rear would be even better then the 19mm rallitek offers.

+1 for the 25 vs 22 Perrins, if you don't mind a harsher ride. I have the 22s F&B and wish I'd gone 25.

I've got Whiteline F (22mm) and R (20mm) sway bars with Rallitek Endlinks, Swifts on Bilsteins with 3/8 saggy butt spacers, damn near the whole line of Whiteline bushings and AVO RSB reinforcement brackets. Drop definitely isn't slammed, handles beautifully, and rides nice.

+1 for Swifts....also have an AVO RSB

Archived