LegacyGT.com

@ OCDETAILS or any other experienced car polishing member

Hi guys!

A while back I had gotten advice regarding detailed waxing/polishing and was suggested by the master, OCDETAILS, to use Wolfgang pre-wax polish enhancer, pre-wax cleaner and sealant.

I cannot get these items near my home so Im looking for a very close

substitute for those 3 products.

In your experience, what brand/type would give me similar results as Wolfgang?

Thanks!

Wolfgang pre-wax polish enhancer/pre-wax cleaner - similar would be Meguiars Color X or Swirl X.

Wolfgang Sealant - similar would be Meguiars NXT Tech Wax or Mother's FX Synwax.

These are good over-the-counter substitutes that are available in almost any auto store in the country.

You really want to go online and order and try out some of the really good durable boutique stuff like Wolfgang, Zaino, Jeffs Werkstatt, Danase, Blackfire, Clearkote, Optimum, and others....and make up your mind about what you like ;)

^^ You can get some good products at a local shop if you go to the right place and know what you're looking for.

Zymol products are a really good and I believe you can find their wax at Target and Autozone. It's in a blue bottle. As for polish, Nu-Finish is a good choice and so is Meguiars Color X. If I'm looking at using a professional grade polish though, I use Meguair's #7 or 3M's "Finesse It II". You can find them in some local stores, but it might not be as easy as finding the other products listed.

But like Rao said. The debate on different polishes and waxes is really neverending.

Thx for your replies so far

Well, in the final coating/waxing stage, I have already planned on using S100. OCDetails suggested that to me.

The products Im looking for that are "similar" to the Wolfgang products are for the in-between process, like pre-wax polish enhancer, pre-wax cleaner and sealant

As far as wax, Ill use the S100

http://www.detailcity.com

order enough stuff with coupon: legacy for 10% off

I just ordered a Wolfgang kit from them... I'm still amazed how long that sealant lasts, even after our bad winters here

I still often use Meguiar's polish and have used Klasse or NXT Tech Wax. Those didn't last nearly as long for me. YMMV of course

:whore:

Nxt stains trim and looks like crap, it also contains abrasives and cleaners so it cannot be layered.

Go online, order some good stuff, you'll spend less and be much happier with the results.

Ordering online is very worth while, you can get exactly what you want at exactly what quality you want and expect. I use products from all different brands to get exactly the finish I want and that makes ordering online easiest, as oppose to having to go to a local store and have a very limited selection and sometimes no choice on how much you're going to pay. Online always has deals somewhere. So if you've been directed to use certain products or expect certain results, I'd just shop online and make sure you buy enough you don't have to do it often. Once it arrives, you'll be good to go!

Zymol products are a really good and I believe you can find their wax at Target and Autozone. It's in a blue bottle.

That's not "real" Zymol product. It's made by TurtleWax.

Correct.

Wow, and people called me crazy when I said that Zymol was made by Turtle Wax. LOL!

I use NuFinish for any swirl marks or hazes and has done me a world of great results. Furthermore, you can apply this stuff in direct sunlight with a slightly heated surface and not worry about cracking or drying. I swear by this stuff.

You could also do your shopping at http://www.griotsgarage.com/. They have EXCELLENT customer service and some very good products. I buy my detailing stuff from these guys and have had nothing but smiles from ear to ear.

I use Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze 16.9oz...great stuff. Is it the deepest gloss in the world? Probably not, but boy it protects and lasts--that's more my concern personally. Stick it on twice a year, and no worries.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived