LegacyGT.com

First logs LGT JDM '05

in1t

hi guys,

please check my fists logs, the car is stock MY05 LGT JDM (5mt). Engine also stock (only HKS SSQV installed).

the main thing I'm concerned about now is high knock correction level (as you can see in logs). probably of crappy local fuel quality =\

hope you can tell me what's going on from my log and how can I rectify the situation.

first run log, second run log + ecu rom

ECO mode: log1, log2, log3

thanks!!

Whats your current IAM?? Seems like your car is in some sort of fail safe. Your running WG spring pressure...boost control is off.

I noticed that too; Zero WGDC, so ya it's on spring pressure.

Let's kick this pig!

Whats your current IAM?? Seems like your car is in some sort of fail safe. Your running WG spring pressure...boost control is off.

Strange enough if you look at his rom the wgdc initial A is actually 0% across the entire table. Also the max MRP is 9.67psi in table A as well. However the B tables are completely different and have expected targets. I am wondering how the JDM vehicles switch between tables, really makes no sense. However his log seems to be hitting all the values in the A tables fine.

Some torco would be nice. Not sure what octane boosters you have available to you though.

WG spring pressure means that your car is using only the "turbo's wastegate spring to control boost". This is called mechanical boost control. The car is equipped with an electronic boost control system that allows the engine control unit to control boost with a solenoid controlling charge air to the WG actuator. Based on your logs, it seems that your WG spring opening pressure is .5 bar.

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Ridgeracer

Is there any way to change it to normal mode? maybe it happened because ECO mode was ON? Have no idea about USDM cars, but in JDM models there is ECO mode button on the driver panel. I forget to switch it off before log =\ Will log again w/o ECO mode ;)

Ridgeracer

Is there any way to change it to normal mode? maybe it happened because ECO mode was ON? Have no idea about USDM cars, but in JDM models there is ECO mode button on the driver panel. I forget to switch it off before log = Will log again w/o ECO mode ;)

That sounds like your issue right there. If you review your rom you are running off the A tables for boost control (Target boost and Wastegate duty cycle). The B tables has your "normal" targets.

What's IAM again? Sorry, drawing a blank and search brought up nothing.

Oops, never mind, I see it in the log (Ignition Advance Multiplier). Same thing as Dynamic Advance Multiplier (term Cobb uses)?

That looks better, funny you didn't notice that low boost before:p

Kind of cool how you can switch to econ like that on the older models there. You might want to log feedback correction to insure you aren't knocking, the JDM rom's timing is all over the place.

Archived