LegacyGT.com

Tuned by STi "look"

Tomcat

My Spec B MY07 3.0 exterior is allready tuned to look like "Tuned by STi" Legacy.

Now the interior got STi look too...

Steering wheel from JDM STi Impreza MY08

http://www.saunalahti.fi/boiv/Legacy/STi%20wheel.JPG

Seats from JDM STi Impreza MY08 ( Leather version )

http://www.saunalahti.fi/boiv/Legacy/STi%20Seats.JPG

Nex modd is the suspension...:rolleyes:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I am so envious about the seats!!! Looks fantastic. :wub:

More info please!! Did they bolt up right away? What about side air bags? Were you able to hook them up?

The seats are power right?

Also, since they are JDM, the driver seat is now on passenger side. Are there any differences in adjustment range between driver and passenger seats?

Again, more info, please. I'd love to do this mod, and I wish damn stupid SOA brought offered these seats in 2008 USDM Impreza STI.

http://www.scoobyblog.com/uploads/2007/12/2008-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti_edmunds-05.jpg

MY08 STi seats

The JDM seats I got were "non Leather version" at the beginning, I just took seats to local CarSeat upholster/tuning shop and they hand made the seats for my purpose, The seats got some extra "foam" for my "thin" body needs and the Letather comes from Porsche :rolleyes: The seats also got AirBags and heaters...I only have to live without Powers, but the positive side is that the car lost abrox 27lbs

Both seats got "Driver side" frames... and seats goes to Legacy as BOLT ONE just some mods for haarness.

What comes to Streering wheel...all buttons works just fine, actually the stearing wheel is almost same than my Spec B OEM wheel...I just change the center section to my car.:lol:

Same upholster/tuning shop made my -63 Corvette interior as well...the steering wheel, dash, door panels and console are also covered with black leather...

http://www.saunalahti.fi/boiv/Z06%20gallery/Z06%2004.JPG

So the frame bolts right on? Awesome. Could you be more specific about harness modifications to hook up air bags?

And btw, manual seats FTW, power seats FTL.

And where did you get them? How much did you pay?

So the frame bolts right on? Awesome. Could you be more specific about harness modifications to hook up air bags?

1. I remove the stupid "pling, pling" wiring ( seat belt hazard )...off use

2. the JDM airbag plug was different than OEM airbag plug...I just take the right plug from my OEM seat and replace it to JDM seat. ( only two yellow cable )

3. Power seat plug...off use

4. Seat heater...I buy two new "heater elements" from local Subaru dealer and now those OEM elements are modded to those JDM seats. plug and play :lol:

Thats all....

Ok, sorry to be such a bore, but again I understand the frame bolts up to the floor without any modifications?

Yes correct!! NO MODIFICATIONS...JUST BOLT ON :rolleyes:

I think that Legacy MY03 up use same "bottom body" than new Impreza. Thats why seats are bolt on...

Yes correct!! NO MODIFICATIONS...JUST BOLT ON :rolleyes:

I think that Legacy MY03 up use same "bottom body" than new Impreza. Thats why seats are bolt on...

That's what I was speculating as well, since new Impreza is based on BL/BP Legacy.

hmm. I like the seats that come in the new 08 STI. much better than the ones in our 07. Guess once it gets here and I can actually feel the difference, I'll know if they suck any more or less...
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Hi nice interior for sure. Could you share more information about the JDM cup holders and the oval style shifter trim?

Those came stock on his MY2007 EDM Legacy.

ha ha...:redface: oops.... didn't get it when his location is "Too North".

unclemat: Do you have any idea that's interchangeable with our USDM?

I am quite sure it is, like most parts. But you would have to get entire center console I guess....

Wait a second... these are not recaros? Just vanilla STI seats?

Stupid me :rolleyes::lol:

Anyway, good news they bolt on. So Recaros will.

Archived