LegacyGT.com

Window Switches Dim Headlights?

MangoGT

I wasn't really sure how to search for this, but "headlight" + "window" didn't pull up anything relevant.

I was waiting for a friend a few nights ago and I just pulled up on both front window switches. The lights dimmed (pretty noticeably)!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Yup, completely normal. If you take a voltmeter to the battery when you pull up on all the window switches, you will see system voltage drop about a volt.

With the window motors stalled (all the way up or down) current draw for the motors will be at maximum, and the load will drop the available voltage from the alternator.

just about every car i've ever been in does that

moved to interior

it's just the amps that the headlights and windows (along with 50 billion other things that are running) that are being drawn out from the electrical system..

time for a capacitor and better grounding :lol:

Keefe

Doesn't have to be techno... when I play any sort of music, play with the window switches, my turn signals go on/off/on/off/on.. well, you get the idea.

Weird eh? Who woulda thought of that?

it's just the amps that the headlights and windows (along with 50 billion other things that are running) that are being drawn out from the electrical system..

time for a capacitor and better grounding :lol:

Did someone say flux capacitor?

http://www.cedmagic.com/featured/back-to-the-future/flux-capacitor-real.jpg

Archived