LegacyGT.com

Mods and Passing smog

jj808

This thread is just for the guys that have modded their Legacies, are registered in Cali and pass smog. What mods have you done? Do you have to change parts every time to pass smog? Any issues with the police? I want to mod my 08 LGT but passing smog is a must for me. I dont have the ability or time to take parts of and put them on every time to pass smog to be honest.

I had a 05 LGT stage 2 pass without any issues. I had a Ebay M2 catless uppipe, CNT dp and an Infamous tune. Passed with flying colors. I didn't take anything off. Just took it to a random shop had them hook it up and done.

I don't think other shops are that lazy, but I was willing to take a chance because like you, I didn't have the ability or time to take off the parts.

I was never pulled over in my car and I don't think with the minor mods I had would make a cop look. I think if you go crazy on mods and look for attention then you maybe have a problem. But if you're civil and not driving like an idiot, they shouldn't hassle you.

• 2 weeks later...

I previously failed with MR Uppipe and Cobb catted Downpipe and a PDX Stage 2 map.

I had to swap back to the stock Downpipe in order to pass...kept the MR Uppipe on. Not going to go back to Stage 2...too much hassle. But I do seriously miss the power :(

In some cases Stage 2 will pass the sniffer, but not the visual. It's a gamble if the shop will look at the pipes or not. I've been to one shop and as long as it passed the sniffer, there was no need to do the visual. On the other hand, last year I went to a different shop and they did a full visual of the exhaust & intake. Luckly I'm at Stage 1, so there was no problems.
My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived