LegacyGT.com

Higher redline gauge cluster?

So my engine has a 8000rpm redline, but as we know the redline on the stock cluster is 6500rpm. When I'm pushing it, I don't stare at the tach and have a "bad habit" of shifting when I see the needle hit redline in my peripheral. Can the stock cluster be modified or is there another cluster that work in there with a higher redline(JDM, etc)?

I'm not a fan of aftermarket tachometers mainly because most are mounted on the dash and it just looks tacky to me(no pun intended). Back when I used to work on Hondas a lot, we were able to put aftermarket gauges in the stock cluster(with modification of course); for someone who've taken apart the stock cluster, would this be possible? I know on the 05-06 the tach and speedometer overlap, so would it be possible to swap in a newer cluster?

Just found this out recently, but no, your cluster is integrated into your security/ imobilizer system....so unless you can somehow bypass that, it won't work....wrong cluster and the car won't even turn over

Why not install a shift light? If you mount it in an HVAC vent, no one will know it's there... until it goes off of course :)

I'd consider a small LED one, but yeah those things light up the whole car.

Archived