LegacyGT.com

Hooking a trailer onto my Legacy

• Mega Users
I have a dirtbike, and usually I mount it onto my buddies truck, what are your thoughts on connecting a trailer, a relatively small and light one, onto my 05lgt to pull my dirtbike?

I've pulled close to 2000 pounds with my leggy. Your dirt bike I would just strap on the roof.:lol:;)

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

I think the only problem would be if you have an auto and force the tq to work overtime pulling the weight.

In a manual, with proper balance and factoring in stopping distance no problems.

I've warped my brakes on the stock car in the mountains, so consider that you might chew up rotors and pads.

I spotted a local lgt wagon pulling a pretty good sized enclosed trailer not to long ago. I suspect you would have no problem pulling a small trailer with a dirt bike.

really? Been debating buying a smaller trailer (7000 gvw) for towing the Miata. If I could do it with the wagon, would really trim the remaining vehicles in the driveway problem

http://www.harborfreight.com/1195-lb-capacity-48-inch-x-96-inch-heavy-duty-foldable-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-wheels-90154.html

Might buy something along the lines of this, just need to look into how to connect it to my car, the hitch and all that good stuff

That trailer has 12" tires. It will bounce over bumps. The bigger the tires, the smoother it will ride.

Archived