LegacyGT.com

OEM NAvi Connectors where to buy?

AkumaMax

Hey guys I have been looking around every thread I could find pertaining to OEM Navi installation and I am look for the connectors for the rear of the Navi screen and DVD player. The Navi has a 16pin and a 20pin the DVD player has a 10pin. Any help in finding these would be great.

Thanks,

Matt

The connecters that plug into the back of the nav screen (20Pin). I purchased them from www.newark.com. This is the part number for the plugs 25C1947, and this is the part nunmber for the pins that go into the plug 26C0090. You need to have a pretty good crimping tool to make these work properly. Just do a search on newark's website with though two part numbers and they will come up. (the picture doesnt look right, but they are the correct parts. To verify you can open the technical datasheet pdf that is on there page)

As for the 16pin and 10pin, there is a post on this forum that has that information, but I tried to do a quick search but couldnt find it. Spend some time searching and reading. I am sure you will find it.

This thread describes the nav system in an Australian Liberty (very similar to USDM, except the nav unit sits behind the glovebox, and their OEM HU is a McIntosh, but otherwise the connections are very similar):

I posted a reply there talking about the 10-pin power harness. I think that's a better way to go on those (finding the one for the aftermarket Kenwood nav units). Keep an eye out for that on eBay. Or look for a wrecked Legacy/Outback that had the nav system.

I might have the 20-pin plug and terminals for that. I could possibly make a harness that connects from there to the OEM HU's i88 socket (and passes through your existing factory wires for the HVAC, similar to my adapter for installing the JDM HVAC dash kit).

I don't think I have the 16-pin. Need to figure out what manufacturer and part number that is.

E-mail is the best way to contact me (see my home page). I've been very busy lately, so it can be a few days before I can reply.

Archived