LegacyGT.com

Just sold my 2008 LGT to this dealership in Chantilly, VA

joedirtae09

I did my part for saving the enviroment by trading in my Legacy for a Prius....

I traded it in with some aftermarket parts, so if you or anyone is looking, it comes with a few goodies...

The car was not heavily modded, I did goto stage 2. Did routine oil changes with Amsoil and Mobil 1 but I did skip the 60k tune up.

Parts on the car, unless they removed them:

SPT Intake

R-Rev Carbon Fiber Grille w/Subaru Badge

R-Rev Carbon Fiber eylids

R-Rev Carbon Fiber metal overlay for rear lights

18" Sonic Tuning replica Advans w/TMPS

http://www.ourismanchantillytoyota.com/used/subaru-legacy-25_gt_limited-2008-C091609B.html

The last company I worked at offered an incentive (assistance) for employee's who wanted a honda hybrid. A whole bunch of people jumped on the band wagon... less than 3 yrs later all have abandoned ship for "real" gas vehicles again. I don't think I'll ever own anything that runs partially on batteries or natural gas... Enjoy the car. I'm sure you'll save money, but you will have to live with being that car in someone's RVM.

• 3 weeks later...
its justified... i hate it too

People are going to cut you off now, even more than they did before. You aren't allowed to get mad, because getting cut off means you get better gas mileage. You might as well get the license plate "doormat", because that's how other drivers will treat you.

My favorite is watching hyper-miler Prius owners try to tail-gate big trucks here in TX. Half-ton owners don't give two shits about your quest for fuel economy, and brake-check the hell out of tailgating Prii. It's hilarious to watch.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 3 weeks later...
I did my part for saving the enviroment by trading in my Legacy for a Prius....

I traded it in with some aftermarket parts, so if you or anyone is looking, it comes with a few goodies...

The car was not heavily modded, I did goto stage 2. Did routine oil changes with Amsoil and Mobil 1 but I did skip the 60k tune up.

Parts on the car, unless they removed them:

SPT Intake

R-Rev Carbon Fiber Grille w/Subaru Badge

R-Rev Carbon Fiber eylids

R-Rev Carbon Fiber metal overlay for rear lights

18" Sonic Tuning replica Advans w/TMPS

http://www.ourismanchantillytoyota.com/used/subaru-legacy-25_gt_limited-2008-C091609B.html

May I ask how you're helping the environment by buying a Prius? It's well documented the carbon footprint of just building a Prius will never be made up for by the fuel savings.

The hype over Hybrids just amazes me. You would have been better of with a VW TDI.

• I Donated
You would have been better of with a VW TDI.

Well, besides the fact that it's a VW with all that that entails...

Personally, the only reason I would switch to a job that's a lot of driving and/or a much longer commute is if it paid a hell of a lot more, at which point I wouldn't care that I'd be spending so much money on gas. But if I absolutely had to switch jobs and couldn't afford to keep buying gas for my LGT, I'd probably get a Honda Fit or something like that. Not much worse than a Prius for gas on the highway, much cheaper, more practical, more fun.

Archived