LegacyGT.com

Forth Gen Puddle Lights?

Sublimejoe

I am looking for some LED puddle lights for my 06 Outback and I am not having much luck. I know that Subaru offers puddle lights as an option for the current generation Legacy and Outback, but did they ever offer for my year?

Thanks in advance!

I am looking for some LED puddle lights for my 06 Outback and I am not having much luck. I know that Subaru offers puddle lights as an option for the current generation Legacy and Outback, but did they ever offer for my year?

Thanks in advance!

Posting in a second about LED interior's

• 2 weeks later...
I think he's talking about the ones that mount under the car, under the sideskirts.

Like this?

http://stwot.motortrend.com/files/2011/04/2011-Subaru-Legacy-puddle-lights-1024x640.jpg

Thats what I got from the OP as well. I don't think they made them for our generations. Really there are 2 ways to go about getting them. Either buy a set for a 5th gen and modify them to fit under our 4th gen and then wire them up to the dome light or if you have the map light mod that too. The other way is go out and buy an underglow kit in white and mount them under the car and wire them to the dome light. I'm not sure how long they would stay lit up for but I'm sure it'll be just enough time. The only drawback to wiring the way I said is that everytime you open the doors to the car it would set off witch in my case I would be fine with.

Dems Fancy... Yeah I'd say just get LED underglow lights, I recieved some info from BAC2.5 not long ago about 555 Timers. He may be able to help with the delay if you want them to stay on after you get out of the car. Otherwise wire them into the dome light as was mentioned (w/ a Relay obviously). The interior lights up when you unlock the car with the fob, so when you walk up to the car they will be illuminated.

I think he's talking about the ones that mount under the car, under the sideskirts.

Like this?

http://stwot.motortrend.com/files/2011/04/2011-Subaru-Legacy-puddle-lights-1024x640.jpg

That is indeed what I was talking about. Thanks for the tips guys!

Archived