LegacyGT.com

navigation system for the Legacy without

ben64

Hi !

I'm going to buy a Legacy without the navigation system :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/26/1435516589-gps-legacy2.jpg

Is it possible to buy and install one ?

Does it give some information from engine ( especially oil temps ) because I've seen a bad picture with 3 circle like the one for engine data :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks by advance

It doesn't give you much info really. More just mpg and maintenance reminders.

Here is a bunch of reading material http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/installation-factory-navigation-into-non-nav-car-156723.html?t=156723

For what little you get I wouldn't do it. I very rarely use mine for anything. I installed the jdm kit so I could install a different radio with a better nav unit.

A Navi will give you your MPG readout as well as info about how hard you accelerate. Nothing technical that is truely useful on the Navi though. Also if your looking into puting in an OEM Navi good luck. It's quite expensive as well as a pita to find the right connectors for it. I had an US spec 05 legacy that never came with a Navi. I put an OEM Navi into it as well as made it plug and play. For what I spent I could have redone my entire audio system with some nice stuff.

In all honesty I've been considering removing the Navi from my Spec B and putting a tablet or something in there instead. It really doesn't give you much info, the Nav discs for it only work for half of the US map, it adds another 2 things to show you MPG, and some other pointless stuff. I use my phone for music and waze anyways instead of the navi on there

• 4 weeks later...
Photo reference. Ignore the IAM, it was just reset.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/08/b8d825890ba434ad9a0fadc780d13df4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What cubby did you use for this? Hacked up stock cubby or hacked up OEM nav bezel? That doesn't look like the jdm 7" one I don't think.

Do it!!! Nexus 7 running timurs rom. So perfect for Btssm!

Never ran a tablet in a car before, so how does that work data wise? Do you just put it on your phone plan or something? Also side question on removing the factory nav. Would that mess with anything electronically or no?

Never ran a tablet in a car before, so how does that work data wise? Do you just put it on your phone plan or something? Also side question on removing the factory nav. Would that mess with anything electronically or no?

No data plan, wifi tablet only. Just mainly using it for the Btssm app. I've got it setup to use maps/nav and spotify offline. Don't want to give up my iPhone plan. You could get one of those wifi 4g/lte unit thingys to get data if your not in the android architecture. Can't say much about the oem nav removal, my car never had it.

No data plan, wifi tablet only. Just mainly using it for the Btssm app. I've got it setup to use maps/nav and spotify offline. Don't want to give up my iPhone plan. You could get one of those wifi 4g/lte unit thingys to get data if your not in the android architecture. Can't say much about the oem nav removal, my car never had it.

So how does the maps and whatnot work without data and only wifi?

So how does the maps and whatnot work without data and only wifi?

I'm running offline specific navigation apps. You can also save a google map offline (connecting online first to download). Tablets/phones have GPS built in, doesn't need data to track movement.

I'm running offline specific navigation apps. You can also save a google map offline (connecting online first to download). Tablets/phones have GPS built in, doesn't need data to track movement.

Ah ok. Wasn't sure if a tablet worked the same way. I'll have to look into that

Archived