LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

I'm still on the edge of my seat for the 08-09 to be ready to go. I just went with an 18g and FMIC since my turbo died and needed replacing, but I have to have it tuned way down to preserve my transmission.
It's cool; I'm with the band

• 2 weeks later...

my hexmods 5eat is stupid quick now especially with all my mods! makes my hands shake everytime i go WOT. climber you r a genius i say again. here is my list of mods

hta68 turbo

forced performance oil line

walbro fuel pump

pe 850cc injectors

e85

agency power elh

grimmspeed ewg upipe

tial 38 mm

stock boost solenoid

invidia downpipe

greddy evo2 cbe

tgv deletes

perrin tmic

perrin turbo inlet hose

aem cai

hks ssqv3 vent to atm

5eat hexmods valvebody so so worth the money!!!

defi boost and egt gauge

Edited by stikiller

So glad you posted this. What PSI are you running your hta at on the e85 tune?

Considering going to an e85 tune for my 16G with similar supporting mods you have listed.

How many miles on your tranny?

my hexmods 5eat is stupid quick now especially with all my mods! makes my hands shake everytime i go WOT. climber you r a genius i say again. here is my list of mods

hta68 turbo

walbro fuel pump

pe 850cc injectors

e85

agency power elh

grimmspeed ewg upipe

tial 38 mm

stock boost solenoid

invidia downpipe

greddy evo2 cbe

tgv deletes

perrin tmic

perrin turbo inlet hose

aem cai

hks ssqv3 vent to atm

defi boost and egt gauge

hta68 turbo

walbro fuel pump

pe 850cc injectors

e85

agency power elh

grimmspeed ewg upipe

tial 38 mm

stock boost solenoid

invidia downpipe

greddy evo2 cbe

tgv deletes

perrin tmic

perrin turbo inlet hose

aem cai

hks ssqv3 vent to atm

defi boost and egt gauge

Wow! What kinda numbers are you making? Valvebody mod the only transmission upgrade?

STIKiller you have one sweet setup. E85 + 68HTA = :eek::eek::eek::spin::lol::wub:

Glad you like the VB. It was a pleasure talking with you.

Speaking of turbos, I feel that my TD06-20G is either a bit too big or a bit too small, and thus in this annoying land of mediocrity. It's right in the middle of two good size classes :( Doesn't spool when it needs to around town, and doesn't flow enough air up top. Maybe I'll change my mind with E85. I hear the corn has that result on people. I'm also going to do MBC (hopefully no tuners are reading this) and wrap the headers, in an attempt to squeeze a hair more boost threshold out of the dog. A little lean going into boost... all the tricks to destroy an engine faster.

Wow! What kinda numbers are you making? Valvebody mod the only transmission upgrade?

It's the only one you need ;) Though I have the bushings so I can give hell to the center diff, it's not strictly necessary.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

well my tuner has it at 22psi right now still workin out all the bugs. should be able to see around 24psi when all is said and done. hoping he will get the turbo to be at full boost around 3200 rpm. maybe lower?

my tranny has 94k on it.

i dont know my numbers yet i will update when done tuning.

i would love to do the bullet proof center but im just about done with mods lol starting to get gray now with all the stress that comes with it. unless climber wants to hook it up for me when i come to texas lol. just kiddin climber.

It was a pleasure talkin to you too climber. cant say enough bout your service man hopefully it keeps goin strong for you bro. oh and fabreeze kills the atf smell in the house lmao!!!

^:lol:

Even though I've got a 5mt, as a drag racer I'm curious how this mod affects 1/4 performance. I love auto's on the dragstrip!

It should make little difference, just less energy going to heat is all, which means more energy left for acceleration, though probably marginal. Drags are won with POWA.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Correct, ANY good shop especially those specializing in American drag racing cars can increase the stall or knows who in town can do it.

One thing I've passively wondered about is the balancing of the TC after the modification... Frank_ster how hard is it to balance a TC vs the regulars (crank shaft, flywheel, etc)?

the torque shop will balance it ..

That would be the answer to my question :) Of course it must be balanced, but not every shop with a plasma cutter and tig welder also has a balancing capabilities... hense my curiosity.

Edited by ClimberD@HexMods

torque shop use a lathe to cut it open . and mig weld it shut again .

there is a torque converter opening testing welding balancing machines avaliable for like 10 grand

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

torque shop use a lathe to cut it open . and mig weld it shut again .

there is a torque converter opening testing welding balancing machines avaliable for like 10 grand

That is not what every shop does :lol: I have talked with several that do not use a lathe (and I'm not even kidding). I'm scared too.

K Klein company remanufactures and makes custom converters. (Or at least they used to) I used to sell their converters to shops that wanted the fins furnace brazed or custom stall speeds. They are located in Westbury NY. I know they had 4EAT converters back in the day.

ipt or some one has a converter for i thought was 400$

No idea. I haven't even looked at IPT since the VB mess. IPT is probably getting them from Klein or some other remanufacture that perf mods them. I doubt they do them in house. I don't even think they have their lift yet?!?!

Life is correct. All I've managed to do lately is get GI going for a new product, the idea being that after October 15, I should be good to get into this stuff :)

ipt or some one has a converter for i thought was 400$

IPT charges double that. Level 10 does it for a lot less. But the people without the marketing outreach can also do it. Good tip on that other company Mortal2None.

FYI if you go 3800 you probably don't want any higher stall mine was modified and it's a lil on the loose side for street driving

And there you were saying it was better with higher stall, and me driving my car trying to understand how the hell that made sense :lol::confused: