LegacyGT.com

Question - Cleansweep/Amp Install

str8dwn

I am trying to determine the best configuration for SQ based on the components I currently own. Should I run the rear speakers off the factory h/u, or add those to the components I will be installing in the front to present a 2ohm stereo load? I want to leave channels 3 and 4 for the sub later this year ~280w.

I also plan to use a metra connector in the front doors to send the signal to the Cleensweep from the factory wire, so I am running 3 pairs of 16ga to each door. From reading other threads, it sounds like the front and rears are sent the same signal from the h/u, so I won't need to tap that as well for the CS.

Also, I have 100sqft of the eDead v2 stuff coming. 75sqft of which will be applied to the front doors (2 layers on inner, 1 layer on outer skin), along with custom-made 1" plexi spacers and ABS inserts for the door openings (per Manville).

System:

- Cleansweep

- Hifonics Zeus ZX6400

85x4 @ 4ohms stereo, 170x4 @ 2ohms stereo

(and yes I know their numbers are ambitious)

- Quart PVF-216 6.5" components to be coaxial mounted in the doors (per Manville)

- Stock rears for now

- Sub (either ED SQ10, Quart 10", or 10W6v2) to come later in custom fiberglass box

Am I missing anything here?

How do you plan on getting down to 2ohms for the door speakers? Are you planning on bridging the 4 into 2?

The cleansweep is great, but I'm still down with the RF 3sixty2. The amount of control from the drivers seat is amazing. It's a little pricey, but worth it for the control.

A dedicated subamp will make a world of difference...

Quarts can be bi-amped/bi-wired. Run additional wire into the doors, pull the jumpers, 4ohm tweeter + 4ohm woofer = 2ohm stereo load. Keep in mind....this doubles power but lowers amp efficiency and dynamic ability. I'd try it both ways to decide what works best.

Quarts can be bi-amped/bi-wired. Run additional wire into the doors, pull the jumpers, 4ohm tweeter + 4ohm woofer = 2ohm stereo load. Keep in mind....this doubles power but lowers amp efficiency and dynamic ability. I'd try it both ways to decide what works best.

PGT Yeah, my plan was to bi-wire the Quarts. Should I just leave the rears on the factory deck or disconnect? My concern was the lack of crossover on them.

Fishingfiend: Long term, I plan to replace the amp with a 500/5 or maybe the new Elemental Designs Nine.5 (600w @ 1ohm just for the sub channel!). Either way, I have to work with what I have for now.

Archived