LegacyGT.com

Pricing debate!

Where do you think the base 2.5GT MSRP pricing should/will start at?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think the base 2.5GT MSRP pricing should/will start at?

• $24,495 - 25,495
    • $25,495 - 26,495
    • $26,495 - 27,495
    • $27,495 - 28,495

Considering the pricing mention has gotten a little heated, lets put those emotions and ideas to good use! :D Poll time! Assuming the base turbocharged 2.5GT Legacy is a Sedan with a 5-Speed manual transmission, what do you think the GT should/will start around for MSRP pricing (destination & delivery charges not included.)

Sure they are. "Should" is speculative, implying value judgments that will influence the price. For example, "I don't think the Legacy 'should' cost any more than it does in any other country, extrapolated to U.S. dollars." "Will," while speculative in this particular case, is a more objective assessment, as in "The new Legacy 'will' cost x dollars," a judgment exclusionary of any emotion, implied worth or value judgments. I know you probably know all this, and to be sure, "should" and "will" are both speculative in this case, though the "will" should (no pun intended there) be a less personal evaluation than "should." Conveniently for me, the "will" and "should" are one and the same. :D Kevin

So therfore if I percieve an estimated value of the Legacy in coorelation to other models specifications and hardware, it's all emotion? Sure I'd love a $20k USDM 2.5GT, but I know it isn't feasible. That's emotion. Comparing it to current, comparing with other models, estimating upgraded hardware costs, etc, etc, isn't that a bit more systematic? BTW, for others watching, if you didn't pick up, Kevin and I love to agree to disagree to kill time and feed that inner PW. Or is that just me? :lol:

Depends on your basis for using the word. If you were able to prove 99.9% probability then you could argue should is close to will. When none of us know what on earth the pricing will be but continue to write thousands of words using pure speculation then should becomes nothing more than opinion :lol:

[quote name='SUBE555']So therfore if I percieve an estimated value of the Legacy in coorelation to other models specifications and hardware, it's all emotion? Sure I'd love a $20k USDM 2.5GT, but I know it isn't feasible. That's emotion. Comparing it to current, comparing with other models, estimating upgraded hardware costs, etc, etc, isn't that a bit more systematic? BTW, for others watching, if you didn't pick up, Kevin and I love to agree to disagree to kill time and feed that inner PW. Or is that just me? :lol:[/quote] Not at all, but it is less objective than the finality contained in the word "will." Think of it this way. If you tell someone, "You should do the laundry," there is some doubt. If you say, "You will do the laundry," all doubt is gone. That same difference exists in the context of this thread/poll. Those comparisons, etc, move pricing speculation into the "should" category, as in "It should cost this, based on this, that and the other." Versus, "It will cost this because SOA says that it will." :D Kevin

[quote name='Gumby']You 2 PW's got 2 posts in before I could reply :wink: Kevin you need to write a novel or something, you're wasted on this board.[/quote] And you need to learn how not to double post. Sorry, I had to do that to someone else as was done unto me. :wink:

If the base GT Wagon bases over $27.5k MSRP, I'm getting a '05 WRX Wagon in Crystal Grey with a few STi/SPT parts to throw in my loan as well. At least the '05s look to have some good upgrades in hardware over the '04s. :) I could even live with the 2.0L of displacement when it's devoid of the up-pipe feline and a Cobb tree-friendly downpipe to mate to the SPT/Bosal 3" cat-back w/ STi hangers I'd have installed at time of purchase. Accessport wouldn't be too far behind either, though both after some minor handling mods. :)

[quote name='labowbow']If BASE GT's price is over 26K I will just go buy Forester XT.[/quote] No shame in that. The XT is a very nice car. Not as nice as the Legacy, but you'll know that going in. If the Legacy wagon weren't so danged nice, I, too, would be driving an '05 Forester XT as well, particularly since you can now get the Premium Pack with a manual transmission. Sube, if you're that set on getting a WRX wagon, don't even LOOK at a Legacy. The difference in fit, finish and materials is that dramatic. Kevin

It's not a or sure, we'll see how the deals land, but have to plan out the backup option. I can live with the difference in fit and finish. Remember Kevin, I'm moving up from a 97 Legacy GT, just about any new Subaru is a HUGE revelation over mine!

I've got more noises in my car than an old lady. :lol: Fit and finish is important, but first and foremost is hardware, or the easy addition of hardware. The WRX with what I've heard may be added is getting closer: GT tranny- though ratios unknown, same differentials, upgraded steering rack, decent turbo power (with much more available), should be an easy upgrade to GT front brakes, decent cost, parts availability. I'd still rather have the GT, but at least the backup plan is looking much better than '02. Have to look at feasibility. *shrug*

Archived