LegacyGT.com

dripping fluid from under turbo?

msb175

so today after picking up a bite to eat, i turn onto a main street and give it some good gas to speed up with traffic. when i get home, i smell something burning. almost clutch smell, but not exactly. it also doesn't feel like its slipping. i take a light and check in the engine bay and see some sort of greenish fluid/goo dripped all over front "A" arm and front tranny section. the smell was the fluid burning off from the uppipe/turbo section.

is there something there that could've popped or leaked when i punched it earlier? kinda lost here. i feel no power loss, no clutch slippage or anything. just the suspected leak and burning smell.

Green is coolant. There is a coolant pressure cap up near the turbo. Our turbo's are also oil and water cooled. Start at the top(pressure capped area) and work your way down.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Check the clamps holding the the coolant hoses on the turbo. I had a leak from a stock clamp because it was not holding strong enough. I was able to see the leak with the car at idle, slowly dripping onto the piping below. I put a screwdown type clamp and it fixed the problem.

Archived